3 Quick shots from today ...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Boobie Joe, Jun 22, 2005.

1. All done on tripod ...

I just love the light I had ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a GBH

[​IMG]

Questions and comments welcome

2. I love the colors on the first 2.

3. WOW the first two are just fantastic they are great what great colors

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yves,

First two look like fine paintings. Love that effect.. You do that well..

GBH is always a beauty for sure.

thank You for sharing.

5. Have to concur, luv the first 2. I swear that first one was in the exact place from your last shots, he does move correct LOL!!!! Beautifully done Yves!!

6. Well, I hate to disagree, but I love the first three!! <grin> I needed your light today Yves.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Unreal...awesome captures!

8. Oh my, you did it again Yves. Simply beautiful. I tried to find one of these when we were in Florida but never did. Thanks for sharing.

9. All three are great but the first one reminds me of a painting in a national gallery In sweden, love the light and the composition!

10. Yves, it is so nice to see a post from you and what a great one at that. You were right about the light and you have captured the effect well. The black crowned night heron's are magical. Way to go.

11. Yves,

Excellent! I love all three but I have to say that the slow shutter really does a number on the water and the standing heron. I guess, they must be standing really still, huh?

12. Yves,

Really great captures. The lighting was great, but I'd have to the photographer was fantastic.

Thanks for sharing.

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beauties Yves. Most impressive. They just make me want to go out and learn how to do this.

I'm amazed. 8)

14. Yves, your first two picture are outstanding.

15. Hi three great images I prefer the first 2 if you look at the feet you can see the water has made them blurred, really really good images Yves.

Phillip.

16. Wow ...

I did not expect this many replies from this post.

Thx very much everyone for the kind words.

I have to admit, I am still very impressed with the D2H performance against what I consider to be the best DSLR on the market, the D2X.,

17. I really love the 1st 2 shots, just awesome!! :shock: :shock:

18. Yves maybe the D2X is the best but your photos with the D2H are very impressive, I like a lot the picture of your daughter on a panther at the zoo the tones in that picture are awesome.

19. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Par Excellance, as usual!

It amazes me that you're able to set your Kelvin Temp the way you do! Do you ever go in and change it in post?

20. Re: Par Excellance, as usual!

Hi Steven, I occasionnaly re-set the WB in PP but it is hard to miss the target in a daylight situation. I sometimes retouch it in artificial light.