3 Russian GURILZ

Discussion in 'People' started by Nuteshack, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

2 different poses...which do u prefer, and why?

d40/sig 30 1.4

@f4
    2756115810_079bb52755_o.

@f4
    2755283197_0e599d1a98_o.
    :Love:

2. Nice shot Nute, I prefer the second one, purely because the lady on the left is slightly OOF. The first is my preferred pose, but just a bit soft on the right eye of the woman.

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Pete ...i prefer the "look" of the first one as well but i was a bit close (no crop here). tilting my head a little bit more to the right might have brought it in closer to focus:wink:

4. I guess a wider aperture wasn't an option as you were already way out of your comfort zone at F4 :biggrin:

5. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Nute,

I think these are two very different pics and they both work.

The 1st one concentrates attention on the lady in the middle, kinda like the other two lady's are showing her affection towards her, the hand of the lady in the back helps to add to this effect.

The 2nd one is a "group" portrait... with equal relevance for all three...

I prefer the 1st one because it tells more of a story...

Depending on who the picture was for I'd choose one or the other.

6. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Nute,

I like the second one better, because all 3 are in focus in that shot. Also, I don't like the far left lady's hand in the first shot. Plus I think the pose of the 2nd shot is more flattering for the 3 ladies as well.

7. mark,
    the second one for me
    one more thing about the first one
    that white skirt in the gal on the left side of the image, DISTRACTS me a bit
    plus the face shape of the gal on the right side of that first frame isn't pleasing at 30mm, to my eyes

both are nice, however

8. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    #2 gets my vote!

9. I prefer #1.

I'm usually about lines and order. In #1, their eyes present a strong diagonal through the picture and keep you settled and engaged. In #2, my eye keeps running around the picture, between the two ladies on one level and the 3rd down below. This is unsettling, and while tension works in some photographs, for me, it does not in this one.

:smile:

10. I like them both, same reasons as Luis. Lovely portraits Nute!

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    My favorite is the first one. The diagonal draws me in. If you wanted to give all three ladies equal attention, the second is better.

I'm surprised you are shooting at f4!!

12. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I prefer the 2nd one as it looks more natural. :smile:

13. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Second One For Me Nutey....I Like It Better Without The Fingers! Das Vidonya!!

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

u all r great ....many thanks for the c&c...;-)))

15. #1 seems less formal, more relaxed.

16. I like the 2nd one the best. I have never been a fan of shooting down of people (as in #1) and I also like the cute expression on the center lady in #2.

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

amen Gordon...quite the cute expression...;-)

18. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Mark, I like the one in the middle cause of the blonde hair. Oh you mean which picture? Sorry about that, I like the first one. ;) 

19. Very cool. I like the 2nd b/c Im OCD and need things to feel "proportioned". LOL.

20. sambru

sambru In Memoriam 1957-2014

No.2 for me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.