1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

3 sportraits for your consideration...

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by diego garcia, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hi - opinions sought on these portraits.

Shot on location withm my D3 and 24-70, using CLS with the second flash firing through a translucent brolly. The 800 was used as a trigger in -- mode as to not affect the light. I then pushed them through lightroom and went for this bold effect which looks great in print. We have scheduled another shoot as the weather was not so great yesterday and we are looking for alternative locations for the road bike. Still, all comments welcome.

LRProcessed1.
    NIKON D3    ---    32mm    f/7.1    1/125s    ISO 200

LRProcessed2.
    NIKON D3    ---    24mm    f/7.1    1/640s    ISO 200

LRProcessed.
    NIKON D3    ---    28mm    f/8.0    1/1250s    ISO 200

2. i like #s 2 and 3 (with #2 being my favorite.... love the "in your face" style)
    in #1.... the brolly reflection in HIS right lens is a bit distracting, i think

nice shots

3. Thanks for taking time to reply. Its interesting as I love the large catch light, but for others its a no no. Still, thats the beauty of our work.

4. i, too, like a large catchlight
    but.... that's for a portrait
    when the head IS the picture
    but.... in this full-body + bike image.... i don't feel the same way
    of course, that's just me... others might disagree

they are very nice shots

5. Samaritan

Samaritan

Dec 29, 2007
    Buckeye State
    My choice is 2 definately...

6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I prefer #2, while #3 is pretty good. The background in #1 is too distracting for me.

7. Love #2. Really like #3. #1 is a little too dark and busy for me. Nicely done.

8. I agree, #1 doesn't work for me, light way to harsh on the front with too much drop off in the back with way too much distracting background. #2 is really an awesome shot and #3 is really good too!

9. Thanks all.

Funny in that I found 1 to be a very strong photo and the ethereal glow is created by the sun as well as flash. However, all points taken on board.

Appreciate the comments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.