1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

3 years in the drawer has fixed it....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simonramsden, May 30, 2007.

1. About 3 years ago I got my coolpix 8700 wet - mostly through condensation in th ebag, and it stopped working.

That was the driving force to get a DSLR (my D70). Anyhow, its been in the box for a long time. Today I finally got round to clearing out the drawer, ready to trash the non-functioning camera.

I drags this little, little camera out and plugs in the battery. It's still fully charged !

It works - fully dried out, all buttons functioning and zooming smoothly. I have my P&S back - no need to drag a big camera bag around with me, stuffed full of lenses on the daily commute.

Life is good :biggrin:

2. Blair

Blair

Jul 28, 2006
    Oregon
    that is a sweet camera. i nearly took a plunge (at the time that was a lot to spend on a camera to me) on that a few years back.

well i ended up with a canon a95, out grew that and got my D70s. alls good that ends well :) 

3. I love when things heal on their own! Have fun with it.

4. I'd like to - got home last night and showed my dear lady, who promptly placed ownership over it and requested a larger memory card :eek: 

ho hum :smile: Still, she'll leave the D70 bag well alone now, so thats good...

5. Good thing memory is now cheap! :wink:

6. Gotta love a Nikon! Keeps on ticking after swimming..... glad to hear it's in good hands now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.