300 2.8VR lust anyone?

Nice shot Arnie, this was taken with the 300 2.8.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@ F5, which meant I could stop it down some from it's 2.8 max. 100 ISO.

Also with 300 2.8vr @ f 4.5 ISO 100

a lot more moving in those photos than yours though, different types of photography anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Arnie, you know that first photo is one that I just keep liking more and more. I might have gotten close with the 300 F4, probably could have, but I'll never know for sure I guess...

What I think is so cool about photo 1, is how the water goes in a zig zag motion, but then the rocks at the top continue that path if you look closely. To me that's what makes the photo unique. Lighting (natural) gives the finishing touch.

Yup,definetly #1 a lot more pleasing to the eye in my opinion.I don't know that 2.8 just keeps winning me over.
arnie

Yes, the 300 2.8 can be handheld, if you eat your wheaties! not as bad as the 200-400 VR, but still a load with a D2X mount. Even D200 is still substantial. But it can be done, and the VR with the speed helps make it possible. Muscle tremor can be the main problem. As long as you can secure to hold reasonably steady, she will handle ok.

Amazingly, this is handheld! Maybe not many people will believe that, but I swear, it's true. I did secure my arm against something, but no tri-pod used. ISO 800, and a 1.4 TC on board to boot, 420 I think.

Is the 300 2.8 hand shootable?
I shot this handheld the other day, no problem. I also shoot a fair amount of youth sports handheld as well.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom