300 f/4 first attempts

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pastorbbc, Jul 1, 2008.

1. I got my 300 f/4 today. I'm new to all this and learning from everyone here. These are all taken with a d300, 300 f/4, kenko 1.4x, and mono pod. Thanks for looking.

2629779622_1b7e0d9bf2_b.

View attachment 219047

View attachment 219049

Since I'd asked about using this for birds and macro - One bird shot

View attachment 219052

Thanks to everyone for your advice on this lens. I look forward to learning more about using it and my other equipment.

2. Nice one there David..a super lens!
    sal

3. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Nice first series, yep that lens rocks....

4. Nice work. I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from your new combo. Which version of the 300 f4 did you get?

5. You learnt well... very nice images. :) 

6. Nice work! All you need now is some tubes to go with that super nice lens.

7. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I do hope to get the nikon PN-11 for the lens.

8. Nice start, David!

You´ll love the lens for sure...

About the PN-11, I prefer it over Kenko´s because it´s totally problem free. I suggest to try to find it as used as I´m sure there´re lot of them in people´s closets as not that many use them anymore...and because, if you happen to find one as new it´s ridiculously expenssive. I placed a WTB ad and after an hour was a happy owner of the tube for less than 1/3 of it´s listed price...

9. Thanks for the advice on the PN-11. I will certainly go that route.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.