300 f4 "portrait" sample

Discussion in 'People' started by Kevin Scott, May 19, 2005.

1. This isn't really a portrait but couldn't find anywhere else more appropriate to post this.

I'm absolutely amazed! I just bought the 300 f4 AF-S today and I attached it to my D2X in my kitchen when I got home tonight. I was just playing around to see how fast AF-S really focuses when I focused on my little Greek statue. In A mode, the shutter speed was way too slow so I bumped the ISO to 400. Was just messing around and decided to press the shutter. This was the result. It looks like I manipulated the background but it's really the shadowy kitchen and cherry cabinets.

300 f4 AF-S, 1/90, @ f4, handheld no flash, no pp at all, just save for web:
    [​IMG]

I'm loving Nikon

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice job. Don't ya just love it when things just seem to come together.

3. Thanks, Gale. Sometimes I am amazed at just the littlest things!

I thought there was another response earlier when I checked along with an image and a comment about white balance. Hmmmm....

Anyway, I'll play around with it in PS and see if I like it any better. The cam was in AWB and there was late afternoon diffused light coming in. This was shot in natural light and looks pretty close to the real statue but then my monitor is not profiled.

I'm always open to hear critique as that's how I'll get better. Thanks for looking.