1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

300VR rhapsody

Discussion in 'People' started by hillrg, Nov 3, 2005.

1. I grabbed this shot of my son just after getting home from work. Not the greatest portrait, but I just wanted to see how the 300VR would perform. I was not worried about DOF.

1/60 sec, f/4.5, ISO 640, bounce flash, handheld. Adjusted WB in Capture to correct for yellowish ceiling and adjusted +0.6 EV in Capture as well. No sharpening at all. None. Saved as good quality jpg.

large.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For those that are interested, I have posted the full size version at

http://www.pbase.com/roryhill/image/51741993/original

For ISO 640 and a 2/3 stop push I think this is pretty good.

2. I get the feeling you are loving this lens. Handsome lad for a son there Rory. Good shot of him.
    Dave

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thats a good shot Rory. I especially liked the full size.

Thanks,

4. Hi Dave,

Yes - new lens excitement. It was the same for the 500/4, the 70-200VR...

I thought about the 200-400VR, especially after looking at some of your shots, but you can't go wrong either way.

5. Sorry Rory,

Your lens needs a special check up from me. So send the lens and i will intensivly tryout the lens for about a year then i will send it back working the right way. Hehe. It must be real delight to use that lens 300 VR.

Thanks for sharing and greetings,
    Vince

6. Hi Vince,

I always knew you were a fine fellow, but I did not realize your generousity knows no bounds... :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.