$330,000 Air Force Photoshoot (Air Force One)

wow, thats a nice wad of cash right there :biggrin:

Not really, anything less than a million bucks is chump change these days. When I graduated from high school, the U.S. Government spent 106,821 million.
The U.S. is gonna' spend 3,107,355 million this year.

That's 29 times as much.
I have a feeling I'm not getting my money's worth?:mad:

The photo compilation was extremely unimpressive.

What's this about $300K or $330K? The hyperlinked story mentioned nothing about cost.

Not really, anything less than a million bucks is chump change these days. When I graduated from high school, the U.S. Government spent 106,821 million.
The U.S. is gonna' spend 3,107,355 million this year.

That's 29 times as much.
I have a feeling I'm not getting my money's worth?:mad:

well to me thatd be a pretty nice wad of cash! i dont care about the government. Run by a bunch of hypocrites, who dont know what theyre doing. I wouldnt mind getting even 100K though :biggrin:

Ahhh yes, military brains at work once again. This wasn't set up by the government, it was set up by the AF. Brought to you by the same type of brains that thought "let's park all our ships in the same yard in Hawaii". As Jay Leno once said "What were you thinking???"

As far as photo ops, it would have been better shooting over Grand Canyon or Bryce at sunset.

Most of those pictures dont really illustrate how low the planes were really flying... I was home that day and heard the planes coming right over my home, It was an overcast day and still was able to clearly see that it, what I thought, was an Air Force One 747 with an f-16 chasing it.
Very scary to say the least. I was 3 blocks from the trade center on 9-11 and didnt htink i was going to make it home that day. I am still uneasy when seeing low flying planes so I can understand why everyone in NYC thought this was beyond rediculous.

waste of tax payers money yet again

As far as photo ops, it would have been better shooting over Grand Canyon or Bryce at sunset.

I think it would have been much better to have had Godzilla climbing the Empire State Building swatting at the planes. No, wait, that was Tokyo, King Kong in New York, right?

Or maybe, just for the TO Lady, have it be some big honkin' really annoyed mutant swan :wink::wink::wink::tongue: Might have to swith AF1 for a Kayak though ......

Tom,

After 9/11, I couldn't believe that they could be so stupid as to pull that and not give a heads up first. There's all sorts of degrees of stupid and that one was way up there.

For you folks in NY, it must of caused a flash back.

The Air Force has to fly that plane to keep the pilot in training anyway. But htye really should have sent out a blurb a few minutes before so people didn't panic. I also think they had the wrong photographer. I have seen many better airplane shots on the boards.

Latest threads

Top Bottom