35-70 2.8 and 50-135 MF AIS

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by GeeJay, May 14, 2005.

1. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    I watched the 28-70 posts with great pictures and lusted for that lens but

ended up getting the 35-70 because of cost and weight...and not

disappointed. I"ve put pictures in 'animal forum' and here's the link-

https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=3957

THis picture taken with the 35-70 f/2.8

[​IMG]

Also recently saw this review in Bjorn's lens survey for the 50-135 MF AIS lens.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html

This picture taken with the 50-135 MF AIS lens..

[​IMG]

Found an old one and like it much.

Best to you,

Gaye

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Hi Gaye,

Very cute (and clear) shots of your precious little friends! 8)

Don't you have the 17-55DX and the 70-200 VR already? Did you get the 35-70 and the 50-135 because you felt you had a gap between those 2 lenses, or just because of LLD? And now, how are you going to carry all that stuff?... :lol:

3. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Philippe,

Well, if the truth be known, it's purely LLD... and I don't have a clue how I"ll carry all the stuff with my bad back :lol:

I do like the AI and AIS manual focus lenses. They're fun to use. The color on the 50-135 was dull right out of the camera but it popped right out with a touch of Capture...

Glad you liked my puppers. I have one more to make a total of three of these guys. They're all related and from the same kennel.

Sure wish you hadn't missed my D2H... thanks for your PM about that. Really appreciated your comments.

Best to you,

Gaye

4. Hi Gaye, I also have this lens (35-70 f2.8D) and it's my walkaround lens.

Your puppies pictures are great.

...Jim

5. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Jim,

So glad you posted.. I really like the 35-70 lens..the colors are great right out of the camera. I'm always impressed with the pictures from that lens... I'm thinking of making it my walkaround.. of course it depends where I'm going to walk.. but generally I think it would be perfect and we can sure count on good pictures.

Best to you,
    Gaye

6. kengo

kengo Guest

I too am in love with the 35-70, and use it pretty much for all my fashion work in the studio. Its the only thing stopping me from LLD of a 28-70 :)

I know how you feel about Ai-Ais lenses, it brings you down to the basics (somewhat) and makes you feel more involved in the picture taking process.

7. Gaye, I picked up a used 35-70 about 3 months ago and it's been my main lens since. I use it for walk around shooting and for studio work on my D100 and it also works great on my D2X.

Doug

8. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    35-70 is an unsung hero

I have used this for a couple of years and it is the standby that always sits in the bag - sharp, reliable, workhorse. Glad to see you are still doing the manual thing Gaye - I recently acquired the 35/1.4 AIS, which is a spectacular lens I can recommend. Love your puppies

9. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    You've all inspired me about the 35-70 even more than I already was. Thanks for your thoughts... it's a great lens.

I just arrived at my summer lake cottage in MIchigan...Drove up from Florida ....and this is a fabulous place to take pictures... I will use the
    35-70 often.

Also about that 35 1.4 AIS,Patrick... I have a bunch of the AI AIS lenses and don't have this one... so guess if you say it's that good I'll have to check it out... I usually go to KEH for them...

Best to you,

Gaye

10. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Just received the KEH catalog and they seem to have one or two. Enjoy your summer in that lovely spot.