35-70 2.8. Focus length?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sunchung, Jul 27, 2007.

1. sunchung

sunchung

Jun 12, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Just received the 35-70 lens but haven't had much time to play with it just yet (got a leaky pipe in the walls. Dealing with plumbers...). Purchased it from bwilder10h - Thanks!

From the first couple of shots, it looks much better in terms of the color renditions etc... But I have noticed on potential issue with this lens. The minimum focus length (not in the macro setting) is pretty long. It had a hard time focusing on something closer than 16 to 18 inches or so. I should probably take a look at the manual, but as I said, dealing with plumbers while I work at home.

Of course, I still have time to post here. ;) I'll try to post some pictures soon.

2. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Minimum focus distance is 2 feet.

3. sunchung

sunchung

Jun 12, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Figured! Something to consider with this lens. Limited range and the long focus lenght look like the only serious down side of this lens (in my 1 day experience with it so far ;) ).

4. Yes, but I think you'll find that the up sides are very UP!

5. How do you find the focus speed and accuracy on your D70?

How do you find the focus speed and accuracy on your D70?

I have had this lens for a couple weeks and like the results. The 35mm macro mode produces some sharp results. Turn the zoom ring to fine tune focus. I love it for people pictures.

Only down side to mine is that I find it too slow to focus for fast moving kids. But I just got me a beat up 80-200mm AF-S that does the job :)