1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

35-70 glass "rattle" - common????

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by jac0224, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Hi, all,

I just received a new Nikon 35-70 2.8 - love it, love it, love it! I have found that when the lens is moved to vertical (either up or down) the glass "rattles" lightly. It doesn't appear to affect picture quality, but I was wondering if this is common? Anyone????

2. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    The only rattle I get is when I violently shake it. I think its the screw drive b/c when I put my thumb over it, the sound went away.

3. No rattle in mine, but mine is old, so maybe the rattle fell out! :) 

4. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Mine rattles. All functions work just fine though. I purchased it used here on this board. Man, this is one sharp lens!! Be careful not to cut yourself!! A "keeper" lens for sure. Regards, Bill

5. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I have an older non-D..no rattle.

6. No Rattles in mine & its about 3 months old....I wonder when they start throwing them out of the pram:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.