1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

35-70mm Does gecko's!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by snakeman, Sep 7, 2008.

1. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    :cool:  Not used this lens much for my reptile shots but think I will more often now..it really is a cracking lens for the money.

STU_2434.
    NIKON D200    ---    35mm    f/10.0    1/8s    ISO 160

STU_2413.
    NIKON D200    ---    40mm    f/7.1    1/8s    ISO 160

STU_2433.
    NIKON D200    ---    48mm    f/11.0    1/8s    ISO 160

STU_2437.
    NIKON D200    ---    35mm    f/13.0    1/8s    ISO 160

2. Very nice Stuart. Like the lighting and sharp detail. I love my 35-70 for detail shots when I have time to compose. On DX I find it not wide enough for a lot of my shooting at car shows where room is limited. I'm looking forward to mounting this lens on a FX. I think this lens will really shine on a D3. Love the vertical pupils in the Geckos eyes..............

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Good images Stuart, they're great looking creatures. I like the first shot the best

4. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Thankyou both..must admit for cars 35mm can be a tad restricting but for my uses its generally wide enough..I was supposed to be collecting a 20-35mm this week but didn't manage too as yet..should compliment this lens nicely I think.

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Man, that's a fat gecko! We only get tiny little ones in this neck of the woods.

6. Oh, that's what geckos look like, I was mislead by the commercials. Good shots, were these wild?

7. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    :biggrin: Certainly a chunky fella!
    Daniel these ones are in captivity...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.