35mm color film processing

I am about to finish my first roll of film ( Ektar 100 ) in my new to me Rollei 35S with Sonnar lens. I would really like to see how good this camera and lens is, so I would like to find a really good place to process, print and scan this film. Can anyone recommend somewhere that does exceptional work, but doesn't charge an arm and a leg for it. My upper limit would probably be around $ 30.

DaveO

How much they charge for processing film?
Here in my country we have only and only 1 lab for the whole country, they charge about $5.4 for B&W and C-41 from 35 up to 120/220, about $8 for E6, 4x5 is all about $8, 8x10 i think is double the price, i think around $20.

Where are you? Before you send the film away in the mail, there may be a local place that does quality work. When I shoot color film that I care about, I take it to Wolf Camera. I'm lucky to have one handy. Otherwise, I give my 120 & 220 film to Walmart who sends the film to Fuji in South Carolina. Fuji does a good job of processing and usually charges $0.84/roll. I do my own scanning.
When I absolutely positvely must have the best possible quality I shoot B&W and process & scan myself.
Unless you do it yourself, everything else is a crap shoot.

I am in Crossville, Tn. The only place to process film is either at a 1 hour CVS or a Walmart that sends the film out. I have tried NCPS and had slide film scanned, I was really impressed with the colors- that may have been the Fuji Sensia film though ( now discontinued ). I have never tried Dwaynes.

DaveO

I am about to finish my first roll of film ( Ektar 100 ) in my new to me Rollei 35S with Sonnar lens. I would really like to see how good this camera and lens is, so I would like to find a really good place to process, print and scan this film. Can anyone recommend somewhere that does exceptional work, but doesn't charge an arm and a leg for it. My upper limit would probably be around $ 30.

DaveO

That's a great camera Dave, so if your aren't pleased with the images, don't blame the camera. It has achieved cult status, you can join a Rollei 35S Flickr group and see why. I have the exact same camera that you have. :cool:
They only made 5,000 of these.

That's a great camera Dave, so if your aren't pleased with the images, don't blame the camera. It has achieved cult status, you can join a Rollei 35S Flickr group and see why. I have the exact same camera that you have. :cool:
They only made 5,000 of these.

Only 5,000, I would have thought it would have been 25,000 or more. I first saw one when I worked in New Orleans. Of course then I could not justify the price so I bought a Pentax sp500 for $ 125 with 50mm lens. ( This was around 1972 or so ) I saw this one for sale and decided to try it. I have a Yashica T4 with the tessar lens, but I've heard that the Sonnar is really great. I also have an older Rolleiflex 3.5F that is medium format. I need to use that more.

DaveO

Only 5,000, I would have thought it would have been 25,000 or more. I first saw one when I worked in New Orleans. Of course then I could not justify the price so I bought a Pentax sp500 for $ 125 with 50mm lens. ( This was around 1972 or so ) I saw this one for sale and decided to try it. I have a Yashica T4 with the tessar lens, but I've heard that the Sonnar is really great. I also have an older Rolleiflex 3.5F that is medium format. I need to use that more.

DaveO

Only 5,000 of the 35S Rollei. It was an anniversary model made in silver, hence the S designation. There must have been hundreds of thousands of other models made of the Rollei 35mm either with the Tessar or Sonar lens.

Only 5,000 of the 35S Rollei. It was an anniversary model made in silver, hence the S designation. There must have been hundreds of thousands of other models made of the Rollei 35mm either with the Tessar or Sonar lens.

Mine is actually all black, I thought the S stood for Sonnar lens.

DaveO

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom