35mm f2 test shot

Discussion in 'People' started by PGB, Dec 13, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Okay, so Leigh let me have a new lens for Christmas. :biggrin: I have been trying to decide for weeks what I wanted to get. With several folks' input I decided on the Nikon 35 f2.

Here is a test shot, I think I'll like it okay. Wish I knew why Ryan always does this pose when he sees the camera coming his way.

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Cute image, Patrick...Ryan, he's definately all boy! What made you decide on 35mm prime?

3. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    That's a keeper! He is adorable! You wonder why he does that? It's because he is a boy! My husband still does that when the camera comes his way and he is 46! I don't think the boy ever really leaves the man. :wink:

4. Ditto Step.

5. I know why he does that:eek:
    I too am curious what drew you to that lens?

6. Cute capture. I think we all do that :tongue:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Arrite Patrick! Glad it finally got to you. The lens is tiny, eh?

8. Monkey see, Monkey do...Do you think you've taken Ryan to the zoo once too often?

Cute pic, Patrick. He's got nice teeth!:biggrin: It looks like you're going to have fun photographing them!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. What a ham.

Of course he can't post a photo of what boys that age REALLY like to do. :wink:

Hint: some days I come home, the two year old is playing with some toy, the wife is reading a book and the four year old is standing on the coffee table, buck naked, proclaiming he is super man.

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    My two boys are grown up and out of the house. When I look at the pics of them growing up - one or the other always has some smirk on their face, their tongue is sticking out.

I love to watch their face when their better halfs see the young ones at their best now.

12. Dunno - does his Dad do it ? Post a picture......:biggrin:

Really sharp clear image. Looks like a good investment.

13. Congratulations on the new lens and you have already put it to good use. Your boy is acting typical for his age so relax and enjoy it, this too shall pass.

14. Good choice of lens, Patrick! I have that one too and it's become my favorite walk-around light lens, ideal on the D70 and excellent on the D2h. The kid? Well, ... Ryan is just being a kid. Be happy that he is not running away when you point your big black toy at him (it's actually just got way smaller with this purchase, has it not?...). Congrats and enjoy it! :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin:

15. He must have learned it somewhere. Sometimes they say "like father like son", i could also come into the earlier said remark about gone to the Zoo once to many.

But lovely shot. And love to hear also why you bought the 35 F/2. And i just missed to buy the 35 F/1.4 AIS so if i want a 35mm i think i must go for the F/2 also.

Thanks for sharing!

16. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks for all of the responses on this thread. Ryan is such fun and will push brother out of the way to be in the shot. Thats why I didn't have a shot of Ben to post.

As for the 35f2. Well, its like this. I like prime lenses and I didn't have anything that was small, lightweight, or decent in those respects. Money was a big factor, this lens was less than 300.00 and had decent reviews on several boards.

Forum member Chris101 uses this lens often and Paul aka Montydog also recommended it based upon my shooting needs. It just seemed like a nice lens to add to the kit.

Thanks,