35mm ... Hum not sure very sharp but...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Candidcameraman, May 31, 2007.

1. Which 35 is it?

It is definitely sharp, #1 - #3 are very good, but I see a lot of CA in #4 and #5.

Cheers

2. It is the 35 AF 2D ...

3. danmab

danmab

Apr 26, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Agreed, #1 -3 look fairly sharp to me. Could you post examples of images you consider sharp for comparison? It's always a subjective thing...

4. I haven't seen the exif data but what apertures are you shooting at?

5. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I had the AiS version of that lens, and it was the sharpest lens I owned for awhile.

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

not familiar with the d2hs menu but on my d50 i use +1 sharpening and -1 saturation then adjust according to taste in pp...the ca on that last image is woa

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    These look good to me. The blue lights on the motorcycles. What is it?

8. Most Nikkor primes produce images that run right down my lane -- I just like 'em -- and the 35 is in that bunch. I can see it being a somewhat boring lens due to focal length but sometimes you just need that boring length, i.e. the "normal" FL -- whatever that is. I think I detect a little shutter release button push type camera shake in your night shots. Gotta be careful if you are shooting at or slower than 1X the FL in shutter speed. That button push will fuzz you up every time if you're not careful.

It's a nice little lens. Wish I had one.

Phil

9. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    not sure about the night ones at f2, and i wouldn't be satisfied with those but the day ones look good at f4-5

Brian

10. danmab

danmab

Apr 26, 2007
    Wisconsin
    One thing though regarding shot #2, is that someone youknow or did you actually take a candid? He looks like he's ready to rumble and you must've been close with this focal length.