1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

3G iPhone on our horizon.....

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Clix Pix, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Now I know I'm not the only one who's interested in this.....

I've got the original iPhone, which I have dearly loved since a year ago in June, Launch Day, and have had with me as a constant companion ever since..... So now on the horizon -- just a few days from now! -- comes the new 3G iPhone with iPhone 2.0 software. Am I interested? You bet!! Why? Because of that 3G capability. Over the past year I have found that I use my iPhone the most for accessing the internet, checking my email, checking on this and other forums.... With WiFi it's a cinch. With EDGE it's mighty slow and frustrating, although still doable. I actually don't use my iPhone that much as a phone. Basically I treat it as my REALLY portable Mac in my pocket. I love it. :Love:

Apple retail stores and AT&T stores will be opening at 8:00 AM on Friday, July 11th, for the debut of the new 3G iPhone.

So, is anyone else as excited about the new version of the iPhone as I am?

2. Jeromy

Jeromy

Mar 19, 2008
    Utah
    I am pretty exicted also, I am constantly checking this or that on my current iphone. 3g will be nice for sure. I am not sure I am going to run out in the rush to get one though, I may wait a bit, but i will have one :biggrin:

3. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    i'm very happy with my current one, i dont know if i can justify a more expensive plan for 3g when i'm literally around wifi 90% of the time, school/home

4. Yup....can't wait. I'll be getting 3 of them for the household.....but not sure I'm going to brave the frenzy on day 1....
    I've held off on buy the initial version but this one will end up in my pocket for sure.

Ted

5. Well here in NZ, we get to "have" the iphone for $199 BUT... and it is a big BUT, we are locked into a plan that costs us $6000 over 2 years... the price of only 2 mobile phone companies I guess.
    ... so while I would love one... it is the running costs that make me say no thanks.

Regards
    Rob

6. NeilM

NeilM Guest

Bit like American cars, boats... planes... basically everything nice!

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I would love one - and will probably make the switch this time, even though it will cost me to get out of my T-Mobile contract. I REALLY wish that Apple was not wedded to AT&T - then at least some competition might drive the plan prices down. Right now, I have no idea how much a new contract on the iPhone will cost . . . :eek: 

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. I'll be there Friday Morning.

10. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I've had one since the beginning. I got my son one for his Christmas. Mine is an 8GB that looks like it's been used for crash testing, although it still works great.

My wife is a long time Verizon subscriber, and as of this Friday (or as soon as we can get our hands on one) she'll be switching to get the iPhone. She's sick of watching my son and I enjoying our phones so much, while she's been having problems with her smartphone for over a year.

I will be getting a new one, but waiting a bit longer. First, we don't have 3G here yet, so that's no a big draw. Second, I firmly believe Apple will release the 32GB version before Christmas - and I think it'll be RED! THAT'S the one I want.

Plus with a D700 and a 14-24 on order, I'm just going to feel lucky to have a working phone period...

Meanwhile, I can't wait to get the 2.0 update installed!

11. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I'll probably get a new one on Friday, but I wouldn't say that I'm excited. I want more storage capacity and wish they had a 32 GB model instead of 16 GB. Still, that's twice what I currently have. Also, I want the 3G data speed and the GPS.

I'm not fond of the fact that AT&T is:

1: Preventing me from getting my corporate discount with this phone.
    2: Raising the price of data by $10.
    3: Raising the price of my SMS messages by $5.

Still, it's only money. I don't talk much on my phone, so I get the cheapest plan, anyway.

12. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    I have the 8GB "original" iPhone sitting on my computer desk at home. I like the phone, but it just got old fast. I traded to the Blackberry Curve. The Curve fits my needs a bit better as far as work stuff goes.

No, I cannot even see paying more for a new phone, more for the service, etc. I will stick with my Blackberry, and use my iPhone as an extra fancy iPod touch! :tongue:

13. I am going to wait to see what type of battery life the 3g has. I will download the 2.0 software for my current iphone since I want the exchange push email feature and remote wipe

14. I intend to get a white 16GB iPhone on Friday. Wife will get the older one, she hates her Treo 650 and the contract on it ends July 17th.

15. I haven't made up my mind yet about which color I'll be getting.....both look gorgeous! The black looks so sleek and elegant, but the white has that certain special "I'm an Apple product" look about it! I dearly love my white G5 iMac and my white 5G iPod...... I figure I'll wait until Friday when I can see both in person and then make the choice!

16. Black 16GB for me.

17. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

18. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    That coming from someone who doesn't like black & whites.:rolleyes: :tongue:

19. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

20. I really love the sleek elegance of my current iPhone, with the aluminum back! It's going to be a real change having a plastic back! Oh, well, I usually don't look at the back all that often anyway.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.