3rd party batteries

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by chinesestunna, Jun 9, 2007.

1. I'm looking into getting a few more EN-EL4s and EN-EL3es and I was wondering if anyone here has past experiences with any of the 3rd party batteries? Good? Bad? Horrible?
    I had a few 3rd party EN-EL3 back when I had my D70 and they seem to work very well. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

2. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    I've been very happy with the Synergy brand batteries I've ordered from BOCA.

Good price and performance, they are usually a higher mAh rating which is always nice.

3. thanks! speaking of BOCA - I see a lot of members talking about it but I can't find it on Google, is this a site/shop?

4. Thanks dude! just checked them out, great prices on hard to find accessories (hoods, body caps, etc).
    I will be ordering from them :)

5. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Boca is a great shop but can be a little slow. They respond well to a phone call.

Bill

6. Thanks Bill, I read about that in another thread here so I'm going to call them tomorrow :)

7. laawaaris

laawaaris Guest

i use a DigiPower brand battery and that works like a champ!

8. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Hmmm, i've heard of longevity issues with 3rd party batts. Just curious, how long has yours been working 'like a champ'?

9. randyr5

randyr5

Jan 14, 2006
    Michigan
    Check out www.batterybarn.com. I have gotten 3rd party (Vidpro) EN-EL3e's from them and they work great - 1700mah. $33.95 with free shipping.

They also have 3rd party (Vidpro) EN-EL4's 2000mah for $49.95 free ship.

10. Well, I had some crazy generic looking EN-EL3s before when I had my D70 and they've held up for over 1 year without a problem (until I lost the camera + gear).

LOL, man... how did you know I was looking for EN-EL4s as well ;) (putting on my tin hat)

Thanks everyone for the input!

11. kevin.sinn

kevin.sinn Guest

Check out www.thomasdistributing.com. I bought a clone battery from them for my D70. It worked beautifully and lasted longer than the OEM Nikon battery. I believe the brand was Lenmar.

Cheers!