4 Immature BCNH shots from tonite ...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Boobie Joe, Aug 2, 2005.

1. All taken on tripod with a Tamron extender 2x TC and manually focussed. Flash was used in a very important manner, it is a like it/hate it way ...

I like it, they look different from my other shots.

original.

This one is called" The flip with Movement"

original.

A whole second of exposure ...

original.

And the last one, more light ...

original.

As usual, questions and comments welcome ...

:lol:
    :lol:

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Yves,

I think those images are excellant. I'd be thrilled to have taken them. The detail is remarkable. I'd like to know what you did special with the flashes.

3. The ability of these birds to stand absolutely still is amazing. It appears that your flash was used under and to the right of your camera making the birds really pop from their dark background. I like them too.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Absolutely amazing shots Yves. The things that you do with a camera just blow me away. 8)

5. Simply Fantastic,
    I love them all but 2 and 3 really grab me

Rich

6. Gordon is right on the money ...

I was on tripod and the flash was where my left foot was, about 6 feet lower to the ground, on the small bridge. It was pointing to the right of the BCNH. I did use a SC-17 TTL cable for that.

7. The oen second exposure is the bomb, and you got the rexnick flip that is liek being inducted into the mile high club!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love the shots, gotta dumb question

I have this same SC-17 cord, and I can only get mine to stretch about 3, maybe 4 ft. So, how'd you get yours to go 6ft? Is there such a thing as an extension cord for it?

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

all excellent !!
    just got an SB800 myself so these give me inspiration.
    Well done

10. Excellent photos, Yves. Love the offboard use of the flash - very innovative. Not sure I'd like to have a flash aimed at my backside while I'm having dinner but he didn't seem to mind! *LOL* Good catch on the flip!

11. Re: Love the shots, gotta dumb question

Hi Steven, the key word here is STRETCH ... It is a coil cable, it will stretch up to about 7 feet. It is tight but it goes that far. I have done it again this morning ...

12. The last two are the one i like the most, very good color and sharpness.