4 Immature BCNH shots from tonite ...

All taken on tripod with a Tamron extender 2x TC and manually focussed. Flash was used in a very important manner, it is a like it/hate it way ...

I like it, they look different from my other shots.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one is called" The flip with Movement"

View attachment 13095

A whole second of exposure ...

View attachment 13096

And the last one, more light ...

View attachment 13097

As usual, questions and comments welcome ...

:lol:
:lol:

Hey Yves,

I think those images are excellant. I'd be thrilled to have taken them. The detail is remarkable. I'd like to know what you did special with the flashes.

The ability of these birds to stand absolutely still is amazing. It appears that your flash was used under and to the right of your camera making the birds really pop from their dark background. I like them too.

Absolutely amazing shots Yves. The things that you do with a camera just blow me away. 8)

Gordon is right on the money ...

eng45ine said:
Hey Yves,

I think those images are excellant. I'd be thrilled to have taken them. The detail is remarkable. I'd like to know what you did special with the flashes.

I was on tripod and the flash was where my left foot was, about 6 feet lower to the ground, on the small bridge. It was pointing to the right of the BCNH. I did use a SC-17 TTL cable for that.

Love the shots, gotta dumb question

I have this same SC-17 cord, and I can only get mine to stretch about 3, maybe 4 ft. So, how'd you get yours to go 6ft? Is there such a thing as an extension cord for it?

B

bfjr

all excellent !!
just got an SB800 myself so these give me inspiration.
Well done

Excellent photos, Yves. Love the offboard use of the flash - very innovative. Not sure I'd like to have a flash aimed at my backside while I'm having dinner but he didn't seem to mind! *LOL* Good catch on the flip!

Re: Love the shots, gotta dumb question

Steve S said:
I have this same SC-17 cord, and I can only get mine to stretch about 3, maybe 4 ft. So, how'd you get yours to go 6ft? Is there such a thing as an extension cord for it?

Hi Steven, the key word here is STRETCH ... It is a coil cable, it will stretch up to about 7 feet. It is tight but it goes that far. I have done it again this morning ...

Latest threads

Top Bottom