4 photos, 3 lenses..match em up..;-)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Nuteshack, May 20, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

and to make it justa little bit more interesting 2 of these photos are cropped and resized...hint, all primes...and no fair peakin:biggrin:

these were all captured yesterday in and around Silverton:smile:

505031038_35a4a50966_o.

View attachment 96556

View attachment 96557

#4 and finally a new-born full of piss and vinegar,,lol
    View attachment 96558

2. My guessing:
    #1 and #4 done with 180 F2.8
    #2 50 F1.8, cropped
    #3 35 F2 cropped

3. The longer 2 (first and last) are from the 180. Boy is either the 85 or the 90, flower closeup is beyond me...either 90 or 35, since it doesn't look like a reversed 50 pic.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

just 3 lenses Italy ....that means 2 of the 4 photos were captured with the same lens...however, u made one good guess ....;-))
    thanks for playing
    ;-))

5. Sorry, I've corrected the post (I thought they were 4 lenses), give it a look

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

gotchya...i better keep a lid on it till others get a chance to guess:wink:

7. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    1 & 4 = 180

3 = 35

2 = 90

D50

Nice pics nuteshack.

regards

8. jcovert

jcovert Guest

That's what I was thinking as well.

9. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

close folks, but no C-gar .....;-))

10. Bearded

Bearded

Oct 2, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    1. 180 f2.8
    2. 90 macro
    3. 85mm
    4. 85mm

11. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    1 and 4... 180

2.... 35

3.... 90

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I cheated BTW!! :eek::eek::eek: and I love the ****** horse. :eek:

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ROTFL ...ya u did cheat...and the ****** pony was my favorite of the day ..lol
    ;-))

13. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

very good Robert...the boy (my grandson) really had that 85 look and the flower much like the 90...i doubt i could have come as close....:biggrin:

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Tas .....:smile:

15. Ciao Nute...
    this is why I said what I've said.

#1 and #4, as others did, I think it is the 180, you should be quite far from the cars (an 85, even cropped, wouldn't be enough) and from the little horse that probably could be disturbed by your presence.
    #2 - 50: I think so due to the APPARENT closeness and dof you took the picture. Being a 50 you could be so close to the flower that, if you shot wide open or just stopped down a bit it explains the shallow dof we can see and the not "perfect" detail rendition, maybe it could be handheld.
    #3 - 35; as Tasnim I guess to drive my choice is the "closeness" effect plus the "3D" that looks more like a wide lens than a middle or long lens. Even if cropped, as the n.2, the round face looks an effect of the 35.. but's just my opinion, I'm sure, basing on what you said that at least one is wrong.
    None is perfect, nor me. :D :D :D

16. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

u did pretty good Dino ...both the 180 shots (#1 and #4) were crops...#2 and #3 were not...the close focusing of the 35 can really fool u and the tammy 90 has a nikon look to it if not over-saturated and seems to render more of a 3d effect to it, more so than my 85 1.8...i'm really becoming fond of that tammy as an all purpose prime....;-))

17. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    At least you remembered what you used. Last time I read one of these threads the original poster didn't remember which photo was what.

And yes, the ******* horse is a great photo.

18. jcovert

jcovert Guest

aww man I messed up! I had actually guessed correctly, but didn't remember that the flower was #2 not #3! The crazy bokeh on the flower gave away the 35 f2 to me.

19. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol Faceman ...well at least i have the data in the photo to help me remember:smile:...yes the ******* colt is my favorite:biggrin:

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

:eek: