1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

400 2.8 VR in stock at Norman!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by lanthier, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Let me donate a kidney first, and I'll then put my deposit down. :smile:

2. I'll take your kidney and raise ya a heart... :wink:

3. I think you will need to donate both and a few corneas.... :eek: 

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

i'll take 4 .... !

5. kidneys or corneas??

6. I believe Topher wants 4 400 2.8 VRs... Right Topher? (I gotta update my commission profile at Norman!)

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

LMAO .... naw.. im holding out for the canon 400 2.8 :) 

8. Well, I just put it in my cart. (Didn't complete checkout, but it felt kinda good to hit the button...)

Actually, if I factor in the $44 Nikon charged for me a replacement hood knob on the old 400 2.8, I'd be stupid not to save myself the trouble and just buy a new 400!

Sean

9. Go for it Sean, you NEED it! The whole thing, and for something that pricey, gotta get overnight shipping... Wonder if it will be there at 9AM eastern....

10. Canon? Cannon you mean??? :biggrin:

11. The only flaw in ya'll's logic, is that "donating" kidneys, livers, corneas, and other lopped-off redundant body parts only makes ya lighter, not richer. Repeat after me..."black market sales." Ya'll gotta sell 'em, not donate 'em.

Just sayin'.

12. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Can I put Australia up for sale ?

13. Man, if I could only find those 88 one-hundred-dollar bills I had laying around the other day. I know its here somewhere (NOT).

14. Hmm, still in stock. I really thought I was doing you guys a favor!!!

15. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Too bad my bank account is out of stock :frown:

16. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    That knob is such a bad design! I have modified my hood to use springs :

original.
    PENTAX Optio 750Z    ---    39mm    f/7.8    1/125s    ISO 80

17. I'm lucky, I just go to Nikon repair at El Segundo and ask for the parts directly. For little things like knobs and screws, they just give them to me. I install the parts on the spot and they don't charge me for labor or the parts! It's good to be known by name at the Nikon Repair facility!

18. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm interested in seeing some other views of your modification. My 400 2.8 will be 10 yrs old this coming december and have replaced the lens shade knob assembly once already(PITA bad design IMO). Bought the parts from Nikon and had it repaired locally for $5.

19. CraigH

CraigH

Mar 21, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    They had lots of them. You're just seeing the few left in stock. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.