400 2.8 VR in stock at Norman!

Well, I just put it in my cart. (Didn't complete checkout, but it felt kinda good to hit the button...)

Actually, if I factor in the $44 Nikon charged for me a replacement hood knob on the old 400 2.8, I'd be stupid not to save myself the trouble and just buy a new 400!

Sean

The only flaw in ya'll's logic, is that "donating" kidneys, livers, corneas, and other lopped-off redundant body parts only makes ya lighter, not richer. Repeat after me..."black market sales." Ya'll gotta sell 'em, not donate 'em.

Just sayin'.

Well, I just put it in my cart. (Didn't complete checkout, but it felt kinda good to hit the button...)

Actually, if I factor in the $44 Nikon charged for me a replacement hood knob on the old 400 2.8, I'd be stupid not to save myself the trouble and just buy a new 400!

Sean

That knob is such a bad design! I have modified my hood to use springs :

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm lucky, I just go to Nikon repair at El Segundo and ask for the parts directly. For little things like knobs and screws, they just give them to me. I install the parts on the spot and they don't charge me for labor or the parts! It's good to be known by name at the Nikon Repair facility!

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm interested in seeing some other views of your modification. My 400 2.8 will be 10 yrs old this coming december and have replaced the lens shade knob assembly once already(PITA bad design IMO). Bought the parts from Nikon and had it repaired locally for $5.

Latest threads

Top Bottom