1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

40D/70-200F4 IS vs. D700/70-300VR

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by jonlee, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Before parting with my remaining Canon gear, I decided to take the opportunity to shoot our first AYSO Soccer Game of the year with both systems. One half was shot with my Canon 40D/70-200F4 IS combo, the other half with my new D700/70-300VR combo.

I've only had my D700 for 5 days, so I'm still getting up to speed with the camera's capabilities/settings, although I've owned other Nikon and Canon bodies in the past, so I'm somewhat familiar with both systems.

Under the pictures are captions identifying where pics from Camera A start and end, then pics from Camera B start and end.

http://picasaweb.google.com/elissasfong/2008SoccerPreSeasonGame1#

Can you tell which system is Camera A and Camera B? (Don't cheat by looking at the exif info :smile:) 

In the majority of cases, these are jpegs straight out of camera - many cropped and all resized via Picasa. D700 shot at ISO 200, aperture-priority (f4.5-5.6), AF-C, 51pt AF, and Sunlight WB. 40D shot at ISO 100, aperture priority (f4), servo-mode, center-focus point, and sunlight WB.

2. I looked though them and was sure the A series was from D700 and I was right :) )

Thanks for posting nice job!

Vlad

3. Very fun exercise! It seemed the A-list shots were much better exposed and had better color. I know that can be an artifact of camera settings, and it's impossible to have true equivalence between the two, but I was very happy that the A list is the D700 :smile:

Thanks for posting

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Best way to tell is note the reds, grass color and skin tones.

5. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    I guessed that A were the D700 then went and looked. I thought that the A section did a better job of not overexposing the whites. Great shots from each though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.