425 Unknown, Gettysburg

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by vulturetec, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Gettysburg National Cemetery, June 2005. Panorama from 7 vertical (hand-held) images.

Crop of the front marker:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful image. Good job.

3. I visit Gettysburg every year I like the panorama very much

4. We have a very old cemetery here where I live (plenty of revolutionary war officers burried there) After I shot the pictures and was reviewing them I came away with an uneasy feeling, and was somewhat dissatisfied with my own efforts--almost like it was disrespectful to photograph something like that. I actually like your picture, it's well done, however, I kind of have it in my head that I probably won't be shooting many more cemetery photos.

5. I understand those feelings, but you might consider it this way: there are hundreds or thousands of old cemeteries around the country that are left unremembered. It isn't unusual to hear about local officials lobbying to move entire cemeteries to build houses, offices, or roads, etc. Tasteful photography of those sites is another way of preserving them and the memories of those that occupy them.

Just another way of looking at it anyway :smile: