4800 + smudging

Recently I can't print using luster paper without smudges on my prints. These occur at the left and right edges of the prints.

I use ImagePrint with Phatte Black ink so there is no changing of cartridges. When I use matte paper there is no problem.

I know I have the correct settings.

I have written Epson, the Epson group on Yahoo and gotten no responses.

I have had the printer a couple of years and this is a sudden problem.

I have done all the nozzle cleaning, etc.

Any ideas?

Depending on the thickness of the paper used, you may have to reset the platen gap a bit. Also, depending on how much you print, you may have paper "dust"(due to fact that you are using matte paper) accumulated along the sides and may need to be cleaned. I'm not an expert, but those are the first area's I'd check. And Epson is known to take it's time in getting back to people.

Dumb rookie mistake

Of all the stupid mistakes - but at least there is nothing wrong with the printer - I just put the sheets of paper in the printer upside down.

It had been a long time since I had used sheet paper. :505:

Of all the stupid mistakes - but at least there is nothing wrong with the printer - I just put the sheets of paper in the printer upside down.
Don't feel bad, especially if you're using the paper tray instead of the top load. I do it all the time....... :redface: :wink:

Bill

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom