4Gb Kingston 133x cards $28.95

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BostonRott, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Adorama has the Kingston CF cards, 4Gb Elite Pro 133x (20 Mbps) for $28.95. I've been using the 45x cards that I picked up some time ago in the D3 (including 9FPS on RAW) with great ease. These babies should fly! :biggrin:

Most of you have probably moved on to 8 and 16Gb cards, but I love the 4Gb (I don't lose as much if the card is corrupted or lost). :smile:

Kingston cards at Adorama

2. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Thanks for the info. Also, folks can check out Newegg for the Transcend 4GB 133X - I paid $26 for it a while ago, but today it was selling for $19.xx! That's a great buy for a card that has worked very well for me. :smile:

3. Last month I picked up 2, Sandisk 4gb-UltraII SD for 46 bucks at Cord Camera in Ohio. Was actually Buy 1, get 1... Nice find for sure.

4. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Price went down

Just checked Newegg again - the Transcend 4GB 133X is selling for $18 and change today.

5. Link Please

6. tintingkc

tintingkc Guest

Those Transcend cards have too many bad reviews for me. Seems like most of the bad press is for not writing to the card. If I didn't have to rely on my images making it to my computer for upload then I might try one. I look at them as a hobbyist card. If you have a failure then oh well.

7. dspeed

dspeed

Dec 17, 2006
    Carlsbad, NM
    I have a pair of Transcend 4 gb cards that have given me no problems in a dozen or more cycles. Quick writers too.

YMMV

Dave

8. deadmeat

deadmeat

Jul 18, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    I've been using a Transcend 4 gig card now for over a year.

20k pictures on and off of it so far, and no problems whatsoever.

I think I might order another handfull of these. I keep running out of room when I do a full day of shooting.

*edit* I bought five more. Should be here in 3 days :) 

-meaty

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2008
  9. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Sorry that you've had trouble with them, but I've been using two of them for over a year with no problems whatsoever.

10. spyder57

spyder57

May 26, 2006
    The kingston cards were $5 AR a couple of months ago

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.