4th fun with Blend IF

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by sjlarue, Jul 5, 2008.

1. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Had lots of great pics of fireworks with color but the BG didn't get enough exposure. So I worked a little on a composite today. What do you think?

fireworks2b.jpg

enjoy!

2. Not sure what you are saying as the background is black. That is normally the way the sky looks for fireworks images. By the way, that is a nice mulitple burst image. How long was your exposure?

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    The BG is actually the very dim green on the bottom, and the black. all I was getting was the burst and not the treeline because I was trying to get more color so I had the fstop at 22. and the exposure times were 5-10 sec. Basically it was hold down the button when the round went off and let go once the color runs out. that was usually about 8 sec.

Here is one from tonight time was only 2.6 sec. looks like I caught a mosquito:biggrin::
    fireworks3b.jpg
    This was from a place I go every year were they shoot them off over a lake. These guys have more money so they had twice as many going off at one time. and they were very bright. It is a toss up on your exp. times. but generally 5 sec is too many. Any more than that and all the color gets washed out.

4. tee1172

tee1172

Jun 21, 2008
    pa
    i really like the first picture, but the second is awesome with the weeds and water

5. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks Theresa, The first is a photoshop composite, the second is straight out of the camera. I guess I should have mentioned that...ooops.