1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

4th of July cookout - BIG group!

Discussion in 'People' started by leahp26, Jul 5, 2008.

1. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Over at our friend's house today for lobster cookout, someone decides we should get a group photo. Ah ha - opportunity for the lovely 17-55mm lens I think!

Ended up having to sit there and take 100 different versions with everyone's P&S camera too!

Some minor levels/color adjustment - had I been in charge of organizing the group, probably would have positioned them so the light wasn't so bright across faces but this was just a grab-shot type moment - I just put the camera onto continuous and snapped away for about 20 seconds!

p152545247-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Tried out an action which gives "sweet late afternoon light" - too yellow??

p196236227-4.jpg

#3 One more, everyone fooling around:

p498589514-4.jpg

I'm thinking I might print out a 10x20 version to give to the friends that hosted the cookout - sort of faux panoramic if I chop off the top and bottom?

2. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    did you use an SB800?

3. Not keen on the 'Yellow' action - Just makes the WB look off IMHO.

The last one looks fun!

Harsh bright light is great for 'eat outs' not so good for setting up shots!

Paul

4. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Hi Leighton - you know I had it with me but figured I just wanted to try to get everyone into the shot - probably using it would have filled some of the dark faces right? I'm still figuring out my SB800 at the moment so didn't want to chance it. I had been playing around with it earlier in the day and getting mixed results (my fault - not the SB800)

Thanks Paul - it was a really fun day and I wanted just to get an OK shot. Someone starts yelling "everyone on the hill for a group shot" and I didn't want to start moving everyone and posing - we'd all had a few beers at this point...thanks for the feedback on the action in #2 - I'm not sure about it myself

Thanks for looking!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.