5 recent BW stories

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, Jun 7, 2007.

1. After Graeme's encouraging post re: posting non-Nikon images here, I decided to share some of my recent Leica work here:

- alone in pair
    [​IMG]
    Leica M8, ZM 35mm f2.8, ISO 640, 1/45 sec

- in the pub
    [​IMG]
    Leica M8, ZM 35mm f2.8, ISO 320, 1/8 sec

- sleepy & unaware
    [​IMG]
    Leica M8, ZM 35mm f2.8, ISO 160, 1/15 sec

- comfortable travel
    [​IMG]
    Leica M8, ZM 35mm f2.8, ISO 160, 1/160 sec

- the rehearsal
    [​IMG]
    Leica M8, ZM 35mm f2.8, ISO 320, 1/8 sec

C&C as always are very welcome! :biggrin:

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice work. I really like the movement in #3. I have been thinking about buying a non-Nikon lens (Tamron 28-70 2.8) considering the cost of the Beast.

3. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

excellent as always...

I consider your work inspiration...

4. I am reading Digital black and white photography by John Beardsworth from the Step by step series right now and then find this set of images here!

They really look great, so story-telling.

5. Vieri......... I'm so glad that you posted these! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As always my friend......... quality work of the highest standard!

My favourite is #2. "...in the pub"......... the way you have the two "customers" at the very extreme edges of the frame makes it for me.

They all have a great feel to them with that ever so elusive quality light thing going on! :eek::eek::eek:

Some of us have the "eye"...... and most of us don't!
    You, my friend, are one of the lucky ones who does! :cool::cool::cool:

G

6. Very nice B&W work. #1 is outstanding.

7. Thank you very much Fred, I am glad you liked them :smile: Actually, they are all shot with a Leica M8 camera with Zeiss lenses, not using Zeiss lens on a Nikon which - I am sorry to say - would still be a somehow expensive proposition compared to using Nikkors. The Tamron has excellent reviews, but I can't say anything more about it because I never tried one myself...

Thank you Michael, your very kind comments are as always very much appreciated :biggrin: I don't know about being an inspiration :redface: but I am glad if my pics can serve as such :biggrin:

Thank you very much Ales, your comment is very much appreciated! :biggrin:

Graeme my friend, as you see I followed your suggestion and, once more, relied on the forum's patience to publish here some of my non-Nikon work... :redface: I am glad you enjoyed it my friend and thank you so much for the comment about the pics and the "eye" :redface::redface: as always, you are flattering me :biggrin: hope all is well in your part of the world!

Thank you very much Gordon, I am glad you enjoyed them especially nr. 1 - I am fond of the compositionand geometries there :biggrin: