5 yrs of my life are here... I feel kind of naked..

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by italy74, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Hello everyone

while I'm closing this box for a trade (gear upgrade), I'm basically left with my F6 and a couple of flashes/speedlights because all the rest in on the way both from me and to me.

I'll restart from scratch with a D850 and two Milvus, 35 and 85. Later on, as soon as my walet allows me, the 135 and the 18 will follow.
    My only hope now is that they arrive before Oct. 21th when I have a shooting and even more before the 28th when I have another and more interesting one.
    On a side note, I expect to be the very first (or among the very first) in Italy having the Milvus 35/1.4 released this summer. Besides, I hope there aren't any issues as someone pointed out between the new D850 and some other non-Nikon lenses because this would be a b*mmer. I will also get an af lens, zoom or tele (70-200 or 300/4) for sport - but there's time for that. I've enjoyed every single frame I took with these (mostly Zeiss) lenses and I'm definitely devoted to the kind of imagery they produce. They traveled with me from Europe to Ethiopia, Russia, Central Asia and if I trade them is only because of the even better outcome I expect from the newer ones (one of their pluses is having a very long focus throw which allows pinpoint focusing to maximize D850 capabilities). Being weather sealed, they will be (and the camera as well) probably the last lenses I get for a very long time ( I don't want to say in my life because we all know how tricky is GAS, yet you get the point ).
    Today of course it's kind of a struggle - I told you I feel naked - but better days will come.
    End Of Rant (well, whatever you call it !)

i-dK4VJpQ-X3.

2. Best wishes for a short wait on deliveries...

3. I don't understand. You sold all of your gear and are hoping a new camera and lenses will arrive before a shoot you have scheduled in 10 days?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Kind of wondered about that myself, but he did say he still has an F6 so he could shoot film if he needed to I suppose.

5. Hello everyone
    lol life sometimes is tricky.. but don't worry everything will come out fine.
    Let me show you my latest F6 + Zeiss 100 + Kodak Portra 160 in side window lighting portrait.
    He's the son of some friends of ours. Of course scan (as they do here) is harsher compared to a native digital image, but you get the point, with good and controlled lighting I'm pretty confident everything will be fine.

i-VVXTf6L-X3.

6. Nicely captured - some people forget that film is still a viable option (still shoot B&W film once in awhile).

7. This sound really exciting for you Dino. Best wishes with your new equipment and with learning all its vagaries.

8. TonyW

TonyW

Jan 15, 2010
    UK
    Good luck with your major overhaul of equipment and may you get great enjoyment out this venture. And may the wallet and credit have a speedy recovery so you can acquire more goodies :D

9. ariel777

ariel777

Mar 14, 2009
    Cambria, CA
    Excellent choices, Dino......enjoy and great shooting.