50/1.8E - Almost a pancake

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by tomtodeath, Sep 20, 2008.

1. tomtodeath

tomtodeath

Jan 11, 2007
    new jersey
    nothing to lust over, but neat:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    ah yes that is the earlier version the all plastic model. I have the later version with the aluminum ring that is slightly longer. Its one of those lenses that I always take with me. Well I mean its so small and light I might as well right?

Over all great little lens that you can get for just dirt cheap. Mine is sitting on my FM at the moment need to remember to take that off when I go to town today so I can put it on the D40.

3. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Looks more like a doughnut to me :biggrin:

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    It's tiny! Even compared to my fairly small 50/2 AI.

I've often thought about adding one to my collection along with one of the smallest film bodies (FG etc) to have an easily portable body for occasions when I wouldn't normally take a camera.

However maybe a 50/2, 55/2.8 and 50/1.8E would be a bit overkill in that focal range... :redface:

5. Sorry to get off topic, but why do you have your Nikon logo and model number taped?

6. I used tape off my logos, and then one day my fellow Nikon shooter asked why I taped off my logos? I told him to keep incognito. He then replied, why? We're not Canon shooters! That made sense, so I untaped my logos for all to see. :smile:

7. Many tape or black out to cut back on advertising to thieves. Same reason why they don't tout D3 or whatever in huge yellow letters on camera straps.
    glenn

8. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Cool looking lens but I'm loving the image of your dog even more - is that a skeleton halloween outfit? Cool

9. sllywhtboy

sllywhtboy

Jun 28, 2006
    detroit'ish
    someone gave me a 50 1.8 e. i used it on my d50 and learned about how aperture and shutter speed impacted the shot. also made me fall in love with primes :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.