1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

50% American + 50% Swedish = 100% blonde

Discussion in 'People' started by LindaZ, Jun 29, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I thought that title would make you look. But it's true.

My son with his blonde curls and a smile that lits up just about any cranky person.

p868740074-5.

2. Linda,
    This is totally adorable. I would love to know your post processing secret for skin. It looks so beautiful.

3. Everybody knows that Swedes are beautiful (at least in Finland :smile:) , and your family sure isn't an exception.

A great shot, although I'm wondering if you composed the shot by purpose as it is, or if you cropped it this way... I would love to see the feet too.

4. Well composed shot Linda. You have a cute blonde there no doubt about it.

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you Terri,
    it's probably not more different than your own! I have pale children, especially Elliot here, he's the fairest one. But I usually look at the face before I even hit the shutter to get minimum shadows falling on their eye sockets.

My PP are quite simple, I like using Curves and I press Command and click on his face on the curve and then I usually raise that point up a bit if I want it to look more bright. To get more contrast I just drag the lower left of the curve down a bit, which darkens the shadows.

For some photos I just use a soft light layer instead and reduce the opacity until it looks O.K.

6. Thanks, Linda. You always get the skin looking just right!!

7. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    So which half is which? He's a nice looking young man. If he retains that look the girls will be lined up to the curb by high school.

8. Linda
    that that shot is wonderful

9. Beautiful Linda! He's a handsome little man!!

10. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Great Shot Linda, He is just to adorable!!

Dan

11. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, I think I just quickly snapped a shot since he was sitting there looking so cute so the composition was in a haste.

Thanks Gordon

You're welcome Terri, I hope that helps.

12. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm the Swede, my husband is polish/irish/lithuanian/belgian

I think his looks are kind of stuck with him... and I doubt he would get fat any time soon. lol

Ugh, by High School age of my two kids, I'm having a rifle in my closet and a chained door, and a really...really bad (worse) attitude.

Thanks Greg!

Thank you! I wasn't sure if I should post it or not, I thought I might just be super biased. On the other hand, he's referred to as the "cute one" by the older, 4 year old girls. LOL

Thanks Dan!

13. pat33

pat33

Nov 13, 2007
    Singapore
    Handsome boy. Great shot Linda.

14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Whoa...absolutely beautiful shot. The lighting is just awesome.

15. Linda, you've got me ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! I just can't resist this ...

It's RELEASE the shutter, not hit! Your warranty only honors released shutters, none that are hit. :biggrin:

I don't suppose I could be your caption writer. Nahhh. But if you did allow me, this one would be simple: "Hey, Mom! I'm dirtying my pants. But you'll never notice. That's because you've always got that camera with you and all I have to do to distract you is point my shiny blues at you and smile."

All joking aside, it really is a fun image, definitely a keeper.

16. I guess she meant to write that she hit the 'shutter release'.

Mike, you have to excuse us non-natives using funny expressions (like me writing about shrinking shoes during the January madness :tongue:)  :smile:

17. Hi, Jani!

There is a sad but good possibility that the term, "hit," was started by Americans. I see the term used in documentation of software where it would be better to use the word, "click." We also can be blamed for a world full of MacDonalds. Sheesh!

18. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    lol... oops. Yeah, let me tell you my husband still laughs at my expressions and phrases. Direct translations doesn't always work out the way we want them to! It's very possible I also picked it up by the Americans as well!

I beg to differ, I think us moms-with-cameras pay MORE attention:

here's me directing him how to pee on a tree for the first time. LOL

[​IMG]

He missed the tree, but no pee in the pants!

19. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Pat :smile:

Thanks Sen!

lol...something like that, Thanks Jani. Shrinking shoes? haha

20. drdrew

drdrew

Dec 28, 2007
    missouri
    perfect compo :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.