50% American + 50% Swedish = 100% blonde

I thought that title would make you look. But it's true.

My son with his blonde curls and a smile that lits up just about any cranky person.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Everybody knows that Swedes are beautiful (at least in Finland :smile:), and your family sure isn't an exception.

A great shot, although I'm wondering if you composed the shot by purpose as it is, or if you cropped it this way... I would love to see the feet too.

Thank you Terri,
it's probably not more different than your own! I have pale children, especially Elliot here, he's the fairest one. But I usually look at the face before I even hit the shutter to get minimum shadows falling on their eye sockets.

My PP are quite simple, I like using Curves and I press Command and click on his face on the curve and then I usually raise that point up a bit if I want it to look more bright. To get more contrast I just drag the lower left of the curve down a bit, which darkens the shadows.

For some photos I just use a soft light layer instead and reduce the opacity until it looks O.K.

Thank you Terri,
it's probably not more different than your own! I have pale children, especially Elliot here, he's the fairest one. But I usually look at the face before I even hit the shutter to get minimum shadows falling on their eye sockets.

My PP are quite simple, I like using Curves and I press Command and click on his face on the curve and then I usually raise that point up a bit if I want it to look more bright. To get more contrast I just drag the lower left of the curve down a bit, which darkens the shadows.

For some photos I just use a soft light layer instead and reduce the opacity until it looks O.K.
Thanks, Linda. You always get the skin looking just right!!

So which half is which? He's a nice looking young man. If he retains that look the girls will be lined up to the curb by high school.

Everybody knows that Swedes are beautiful (at least in Finland :smile:), and your family sure isn't an exception.

A great shot, although I'm wondering if you composed the shot by purpose as it is, or if you cropped it this way... I would love to see the feet too.
Thanks, I think I just quickly snapped a shot since he was sitting there looking so cute so the composition was in a haste.

Well composed shot Linda. You have a cute blonde there no doubt about it.
Thanks Gordon

Thanks, Linda. You always get the skin looking just right!!
You're welcome Terri, I hope that helps.

So which half is which? He's a nice looking young man. If he retains that look the girls will be lined up to the curb by high school.
I'm the Swede, my husband is polish/irish/lithuanian/belgian

I think his looks are kind of stuck with him... and I doubt he would get fat any time soon. lol

Ugh, by High School age of my two kids, I'm having a rifle in my closet and a chained door, and a really...really bad (worse) attitude.

Linda
that that shot is wonderful
Thanks Greg!

Beautiful Linda! He's a handsome little man!!
Thank you! I wasn't sure if I should post it or not, I thought I might just be super biased. On the other hand, he's referred to as the "cute one" by the older, 4 year old girls. LOL

Great Shot Linda, He is just to adorable!!

Dan
Thanks Dan!

Linda, you've got me ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! I just can't resist this ...

hit the shutter
It's RELEASE the shutter, not hit! Your warranty only honors released shutters, none that are hit. :biggrin:

I don't suppose I could be your caption writer. Nahhh. But if you did allow me, this one would be simple: "Hey, Mom! I'm dirtying my pants. But you'll never notice. That's because you've always got that camera with you and all I have to do to distract you is point my shiny blues at you and smile."

All joking aside, it really is a fun image, definitely a keeper.

I guess she meant to write that she hit the 'shutter release'.

Mike, you have to excuse us non-natives using funny expressions (like me writing about shrinking shoes during the January madness :tongue:) :smile:
Hi, Jani!

There is a sad but good possibility that the term, "hit," was started by Americans. I see the term used in documentation of software where it would be better to use the word, "click." We also can be blamed for a world full of MacDonalds. Sheesh!

Linda, you've got me ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! I just can't resist this ...

It's RELEASE the shutter, not hit! Your warranty only honors released shutters, none that are hit. :biggrin:

I don't suppose I could be your caption writer. Nahhh. But if you did allow me, this one would be simple: "Hey, Mom! I'm dirtying my pants. But you'll never notice. That's because you've always got that camera with you and all I have to do to distract you is point my shiny blues at you and smile."

All joking aside, it really is a fun image, definitely a keeper.
lol... oops. Yeah, let me tell you my husband still laughs at my expressions and phrases. Direct translations doesn't always work out the way we want them to! It's very possible I also picked it up by the Americans as well!

I beg to differ, I think us moms-with-cameras pay MORE attention:

here's me directing him how to pee on a tree for the first time. LOL

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

He missed the tree, but no pee in the pants!

Handsome boy. Great shot Linda.
Thanks Pat :smile:

Whoa...absolutely beautiful shot. The lighting is just awesome.
Thanks Sen!

I guess she meant to write that she hit the 'shutter release'.

Mike, you have to excuse us non-natives using funny expressions (like me writing about shrinking shoes during the January madness :tongue:) :smile:
lol...something like that, Thanks Jani. Shrinking shoes? haha

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom