500 VR and Wild Dogs...last round!

I revisited the Brookfield Zoo for the third time in hopes of improving the quality of my African Wild Dog photos. I really wanted to capture some good images of these pups while they are still small. They are growing very quickly!

This time I went with the D300 and 500 VR. I really liked this combination for acquiring closer shots of the dogs without having to crop nearly as much.

p196355476-5.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 865324

View attachment 865325

View attachment 865326

View attachment 865327

View attachment 865328

View attachment 865329

View attachment 865330

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

lovely set! one thing i noticed after renting a few lenses in the past such as the 80-400vr and 70-300vr and also seeing other pictures posted by other long lenses is that most nikkor glass in the telephoto range has a very nice natural contrast to it and a lot of the images dont even need much post processing in terms of contrast and clarity.

lovely set! one thing i noticed after renting a few lenses in the past such as the 80-400vr and 70-300vr and also seeing other pictures posted by other long lenses is that most nikkor glass in the telephoto range has a very nice natural contrast to it and a lot of the images dont even need much post processing in terms of contrast and clarity.

Very typical of professional Nikkor optics although I know the 70-300 VR is a consumer zoom.
By the way, beautiful pictures of these very familiar dogs.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Very typical of professional Nikkor optics although I know the 70-300 VR is a consumer zoom.
By the way, beautiful pictures of these very familiar dogs.

Thanks for the comments. I agree about the Nikkor optics. Most of these photos received only a minor curves adjustment and selective sharpening in post processing. They are practically straight out of the camera.

Glenn

Beautiful work! The crop sensor with a 500mm gives you a hefty reach at your disposal...and at that distance you've still captured a wonderful DOF for those shots! :smile:

Beautiful work! The crop sensor with a 500mm gives you a hefty reach at your disposal...and at that distance you've still captured a wonderful DOF for those shots! :smile:
The 750mm equivalent focal length really helped with these.

Thanks,
Glenn

Great set, Glenn. The detail captured is excellent. You use your kit very well.
Thank you Gaylon

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom