500 VR Revisits the Zoo...4 photos

I stopped by the Brookfield Zoo after lunch today to capture a few images with my 500 VR. Here are a few of the photos (EXIF information is embedded):

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Super shots, Glenn. Love the zebra close up especially.

This is a lens I am thinking of possibly getting one day to compliment my 300 f2.8 VRII. Don't want to go the 600/4 as it is too big and the 500/4 looks like a decent compromise.

Super shots, Glenn. Love the zebra close up especially.

This is a lens I am thinking of possibly getting one day to compliment my 300 f2.8 VRII. Don't want to go the 600/4 as it is too big and the 500/4 looks like a decent compromise.
Thanks Lance...

When I was choosing a super telephoto lens, I went with the 500VR in part due to it's portability. So far, it's been a good choice for my kind of shooting. I use it at the zoo a lot. I've used it for air shows and some sports.

Glenn

Thanks Lance...

When I was choosing a super telephoto lens, I went with the 500VR in part due to it's portability. So far, it's been a good choice for my kind of shooting. I use it at the zoo a lot. I've used it for air shows and some sports.

Glenn
Thanks for the info! :smile:

Oh the things I could buy if I wasn't married and paying a mortgage. Pictures like this remind me of what I could have....

Good job Glenn.
Ah but would you swap the dinner on the table, ironing done and clean clothes every day for a 600mm? don't answer that the missus might be behind you LOL. also the shots are super as I have come to expect, thanks.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Nice indeed Glenn! I like them all, but my fav is #1 & #3, although the zebra is very good!
You used a tripod or did you use a steady hand with help from a bit of VR?

Ah but would you swap the dinner on the table, ironing done and clean clothes every day for a 600mm? don't answer that the missus might be behind you LOL. also the shots are super as I have come to expect, thanks.
Very nice as usual Mr Glenn, very nice
Nice indeed Glenn! I like them all, but my fav is #1 & #3, although the zebra is very good!
#3 looks like our C in C!!!
Thanks for the comments...

Glenn

Rob,

I used a tripod for all of these shots. Most were taken at reasonably slow shutter speeds for a long lens (1/200), so the tripod really helped. It took 20 minutes before the bear posed just right--and the lens is not easy to handholds for extended periods of time.

Glenn

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Thanks Glenn. I think I'll try a tripod next time I'll go to the zoo in Amsterdam. Until now I just adjust the ISO, but beyond 200 ISO the pictures are gradually degrading in quality.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom