1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

500cm + 180/4 + bw400cn

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by pforsell, Aug 6, 2009.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    I had a chance to play a bit with a friend's old Hasselblad (older than me i guess). It came with a 180/4 and 50/2.8 lenses. It felt like real photography :smile: These are 2400 dpi scans from Kodak BW400CN using the 180/4, all shots wide open:

The Rock

3795571604_a21059fb8e_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The grass

3795571804_f2d8746da3_o.jpg

Pipe dream

3794751263_4a64015b7d_o.jpg

2. Nothing looks like medium format. Good shots...nice composition.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great photos Peter - I especially like the impact the last one has! The lovely isolation of #2 is also very pleasing. The bug at the right adds a summer-ness that I can feel. (Please don't tell me it's dust - doesn't matter, it LOOKS like a bug, so it's a bug!)

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    It's a bug. Great shots. i really like plumber's nightmare of #3.

5. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Awesome. I just kept looking at #1. So deep and *real*.

6. Like 'em all but Pipe Dream is my favorite! I really like the 180 f4 on the Hassleblad, the 150 f4 is just a touch short.

7. That last one is my favorite also. Thanks for sharing.

8. Great shots, 1 and 3 are my faves.

9. Nice series. I like them all.

10. Nice series !! Don't you just love working with medium format & B&W film???

Fred

11. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Thank you all for encouraging comments. I had so much fun making these images with the loaner Hasselblad instead of just snapping them. Somehow film medium puts me into a different mindset and the whole process is very satisfying.

Must have been at least a couple of years since I shot film the last time, and that was 35 mm.

P.S. yes... both those little specs are small flying bugs.

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Cool Peter! You've got to do more of this film stuff!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.