500pf + 1.4tc part 2

Real Name
Randy
Interesting. I'd still use the faster shutter I could on the D5 while trying to keep the ISO at 800 or lower. Heck even ISO 1600 is a piece of cake for the D5. When an exciting photo ops comes along, I wouldn't trust the odds of getting consistently sharp images when shooting 1/250th with a focal length of 500mm or more. But that's just me......
not enough light to have both fast ss and low iso

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
not enough light to have both fast ss and low iso
Then, for me, I will always chose a faster shutter to ensure sharpness. An OOF but low ISO image is no good to me. And the D5 is so good at low to medium ISO's, for me there is no reason NOT to take advantage of the high ISO capabilities of the D5. High ISO capabilities is the reason I bought the D5.

But sometimes ya' have to take a chance.... This shot well before sunrise.....no one else would even shoot it! LOL! 1/[email protected] ISO 12,800 ....on the D850 using 80-400 AF-S.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
Then, for me, I will always chose a faster shutter to ensure sharpness. An OOF but low ISO image is no good to me. And the D5 is so good at low to medium ISO's, for me there is no reason NOT to take advantage of the high ISO capabilities of the D5. High ISO capabilities is the reason I bought the D5.

But sometimes ya' have to take a chance.... This shot well before sunrise.....no one else would even shoot it! LOL! 1/[email protected] ISO 12,800 ....on the D850 using 80-400 AF-S.

View attachment 1677264
my BY is not Costa Rica so I'll gamble more but next time in CR I'll get the safe shots 1st then gamble
the D5 is good at high ISOs but way better at low especially for little birds feathers

Real Name
Andy
@Randy, would you have the time and energy to perform a quick comparison?

Can you try the TC-14 with both lenses at f/8 on the same subject with a BG that is close enough to show the difference in OOF rendering?

Real Name
Randy
@Randy, would you have the time and energy to perform a quick comparison?

Can you try the TC-14 with both lenses at f/8 on the same subject with a BG that is close enough to show the difference in OOF rendering?
Sure, I'll start a new thread as a reminder. I know I have D5 pics w the 500pf + TC @ f/8 but not sure about 500e + TC @ f/8.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom