50mm 1.8 Availability question..

Well been looking (locally, dont care for ordering mail-order and waiting 2 months and I like to get my hands on it before I buy) for a 50mm 1.8(d) for my D70. Both Nikon dealers in this area (3 40 miles north and 1 40 miles south. The 3 up north are the same company) say that theres a big backorder from Nikon and they have no idea when they will be getting new lenses.

Is this a local thing or is Nikon just not cranking lenses out?

Look for a used one...they're all over. I haven't bought a new lens since 2001 or 2002, and I have saved a TON with no lemons. Give it a shot...especially with a 50 1.8...what have you got to lose?

I'm looking for used also jbear. Just about as hard as finding new. Been looking on Flea-bay also but those are ending at pretty much new prices or are paypal only. I wont deal with paypal after being screwed over by them. Now if Tamron would make one for Nikons.....

I'm patient though, one will pop up.

My local camera shop has two listed for $59 (one in Ex, one in VG). I would be happy to pick one up and send it to you. I'm sure they probably have new ones also.

R

Removed User 3

Well been looking (locally, dont care for ordering mail-order and waiting 2 months and I like to get my hands on it before I buy) for a 50mm 1.8(d) for my D70. Both Nikon dealers in this area (3 40 miles north and 1 40 miles south. The 3 up north are the same company) say that theres a big backorder from Nikon and they have no idea when they will be getting new lenses.

I think they have given up making lenses..............:confused:

Hmmm... everywhere I look I see the 1.8 model.... maybe that's because I was looking for the 1.4? Most of the major sellers seem to have some on hand, used I'm not too sure about.

They've probably diverted as much production capacity as they can over to the 18-200 VR, and cut back the ones that there isn't much demand for and should be plenty of used in the field. The 50/1.8 is probably one of those.

I just received my 50mm 1.8 from B&H. It took only two days. I have not had the chance to use it yet. I don't know how I intend to use it yet. I just felt that spending $100 on something so many people seem to like might be the most value for the dollar! How many things with nikon on them are this cheap?

Latest threads

Top Bottom