50mm 1.8 just arrived

And of course I had to play with it :)

This is my little boy, Dundee. I love the sharpness of this lens!

DUNDEE.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Carole
who loves her new toy, errr tool! :smile:

Very nice Carole. You will love the 50 and all it's charm. Shoot often!

Thanks. I can't believe I waited this long to get it. My first SLR was a Yashica TL Electro. I got that when I was in college when SLR's came with lenses, LOL! It had a 50mm 1.9 and I loved that lens. So I'm sure I'll love this one too :)

But I'm still lusting for a Tamron 90mm macro :))) That's next on the list!

Carole

S

scooptdoo

a good solid 50mm is a must have.i love the 75mm crop it produces with our nikon dx cameras.i need to pick up one in af soon.my old eyes are just getting too bad to focus quickly.

a good solid 50mm is a must have.i love the 75mm crop it produces with our nikon dx cameras.

Odd you should say that, I owned the 50/1.8 for a couple of months and just never got on the focal lenght on DX.

I sold the lens a few weeks ago and haven't missed it.

I do agree with what everything says about the IQ/price factor however, it really is sharp and having such a wide aperture it's good for low light. Good luck with it Carole!

Thanks, I only paid $109 at B&H, so I figured even if I just use it once in a while. I haven't popped it on the N80 yet to see it at 50mm, but on the D50 it does a nice job :)

Carole

A friend gave me a set of those screw on close up thingees, so I popped one on the lens and got this - not bad :)

sunflower_4962.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Carole

Latest threads

Top Bottom