50mm F1.8 + 11mm tube

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by ultimind, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
  2. Looks very good.

How close can you get to 1:1 ?

3. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    It gets fairly close..I'll try to measure it later today and let you know.

4. Some nice compositions. I notice that either the edges are soft, or the depth of field is very shallow. Out of curiousity, what apature did you use on the 1.8? Reason I ask is I just put a bid in on a set of Kenko extension tubes, and am wondering what to expect.

5. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    they're all F5.6 or F4. I believe the depth of field is extremely shallow because that lens is sharp all the way to the edges.

6. Those look great!

One more thing on my shopping list...

7. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    The 50mm F1.8D is $109 brand new too. :biggrin: cheap cheap cheap.

8. I really liked number DSC3321 the best, though all were very nice and Sharp!

I love that little lens, one of the best and the cheapest in my collection, but boy what a lens!

Thanks for sharing...:smile:

Regards...Jim

9. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks Jim! It's really amazing what a little 11mm extension does to the images you take with any lens.

My 400mm Kilfitt lens has a built in extension tube (infinity focus down to about 1.5meters) and I'm going to take it out one of these days. The focus is ultra stiff so its kind of a pain to take out. It is definitely one of the sharpest long telephoto lenses I've seen... and you can focus close enough to do flower macros. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.