50th Anniversary

Discussion in 'People' started by Dave, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Our neighbors had their 50th Anniversary this past weekend and my wife and I were invited to the party. I took this picture of them that we are going to get framed and give to them. I didn't have a hot shoe flash so I had to use the internal, thus I got a nice shadow behind them. However, i was able to get rid of it in PP. Which do you like better?

Original
    [​IMG]

Shadow Removed
    [​IMG]

2. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Definetly the one without the shadow is better... I hate shadows... they were everywhere at my wedding...

However you can still tell it was shot with a direct flash, her glasses shows where the flash was burst. Also the WB is off a little, adjust it and it should be good.

3. Hey, Dave, that's great.
    You have really improved this!

Would you consider going one step further and remove the wooden cross behind the gentleman's head?

Virginia
    aka beauccamera

4. shadow

The second shot is far better. I know you didn't have your Sb otherwise a bounce of a wall would have worked better. This is a great portrait of the couple. The only thing I would have done different is the cross half way into the gentleman's head. To make a better composition, perhaps moving the couple to one side away from the cross. Otherwise, nice.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Without
    Very nice shot
    WB might be adjusted to

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Young love...don't ya just love it? Thanks for sharing.

7. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    OK, I changed the white balance a bit and got rid of the cross. How does it look now.
    [​IMG]

8. Peet, nice improvement vs. the original shot and the couple will surely be pleased with the result.

9. Much better!!!

I do think you might be able to clone out that flash reflection on her glasses. I can't look at it close up and don't know how much eyebrow detail is in there (that might make your cloning process tedious), but it may be worth a try.

The shot is great, and it makes me so happy to hear of strong marriages like this!! :biggrin: Your photo will be treasured by them, and by their family in the future.....a beautiful gift! :smile:

PS. Just found one more shadow to clone out: to the right of his pants leg, just below his hand. :wink:

10. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks for the advice Gretchen. Unfortunately I'm not THAT proficient with NX (don't have Photoshop) to get rid of the flash in the glasses. I guess that one will have to just stay in the picture. I did notice the shadow on his leg, but it took me so long to clone out the cross and the shadows and my computer was giving me fits the whole time I just didn't have the patience to do it as well right now.

Now that I have stepped away for a bit, I cloned it out as well, and this is what I am going to print out and give to them.
    [​IMG]

11. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Your neighbor is Ronald Regan!

Anyways your new picture is much improved over the orginal. But you really can not adjust the WB if you did not shoot in RAW, Jpegs or any other format will not let you do it.

12. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    The original file is in .nef (RAW), I just went back and re-did all of my work so I could change the white balance as well...

13. Nice shot and hope they will be pleased with the results.

14. Very nice PP Dave. It makes the shot one that they will love for sure.