'51 Fender Nocaster

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Ottrott's Human, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Close up of a cool guitar:

848566582_b5cb51902a_o.

2. Very interesting perspective. I love it!

3. Hey Stuart -

Whoa - never "saw" one of these before!

Very timely also (for me) since I recently watched the PBS "American Masters" show on Les Paul and Mary Ford . . . I suspect that this guitar started the process of Gibson's reconsideration.

Thanks,

Eric

4. Nice comp, Stu...like it.

5. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks Greg. I think this one was posted for a few days before anyone commented so I especially appreciate your taking the time.

I have to shoot guitars for about an hour a day for my company's website. I got bored with "normal" shots and have started experimenting looking for angles of interest.

Amazingly enough once I started posting the more artistic shots on my website we started getting comments/compliments from customers almost immediately.

I'm finding it's one more thing we can do to try and stand out from the crowd.

Thanks again Greg.

The parallels of the development process b/w Gibson and Fender are pretty amazing. Lots of important similarities while maintaining very different ideas of how to build electric guitars. They more or less pushed one another to the point that they had these instruments dialed in as good as they would ever be by the late 50's.
    One of the things I find humorous about the industry is how companies like Fender keep trying to improve upon a design that was essentially perfected 50 years ago.....all for the sake of marketing.
    I had the honor of working very closely with Fender a few years ago and helped create an entire series of Stratocasters that are now among their biggest sellers. Unfortunately the only thing I got for it was bragging rights so.....I'm bragging!:biggrin:

Thanks John!

6. this one is just tooo close for me Stuart. As you know, I love guitars but even though the knobs are distinctive, still seems too close for a clean ID

7. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Nah.....the three piece brass saddle bridge and cup output jack are dead giveaways!!:wink:

901078711_4b79a305f8_o.