1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

5'10"

Discussion in 'People' started by Gary Mayo, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Gary Mayo

Gary Mayo Guest

DSC_2162web.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Model NIKON D3
    Lens 85 mm
    Exposure program Normal Program
    White balance Auto white balance
    Metering mode Spot
    F-number f/5
    Exposure time 1/60 s
    ISO speed ratings ISO 900
    Flash Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, return light detected
    Focal length 85 mm
    Focal length in 35mm film 85 mm
    Quality FINE
    Image Type JPEG
    Image Dimensions 1024x681
    Size (KB) 195 KB
    Date/time 7/10/2008 6:35:58 PM
    Artist Gary Mayo
    Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved

2. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    The photo certainly emphasizes her height. I find the background a little distracting, especially the yellow trellis near her head.

3. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    What trellis? What background? :biggrin:

4. Gary Mayo

Gary Mayo Guest

The one thing to remember about this photograph is the lighting for a people shot is about as retched as it could get.

Overhead fluorescent lighting, neon lights in the windows (red & blue) and pink walls reflecting this all back at the model.

This picture was not PP in any way for white balance. The D3 is a remarkable camera!

5. Just curious...do they sell burgers where you live? ;) 

6. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    QUITE! amazing considering that is was set to Auto WB:eek: 

7. I have also found the D3 remarkable for WB... I almost never adjust it from auto, while I was constantly changing it on the D200.

8. Ewout_vB

Ewout_vB

Feb 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Background is quite distracting -- nice gear.

9. I second Ewout...why not use it at f/2.8? That's why you got the 85mm, I presume :) 

Either way, Auto WB did its thing very well, but I just don't think its a flattering portrait.

10. Nice demo of the WB feature of the D3. I too have found it to be the best around. I do see some color casting on her face, lower legs and part of her left arm. Noticed you used spot metering. Where in the seen did you take the reading please?

Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.