5'10"

G

Gary Mayo

DSC_2162web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Model NIKON D3
Lens 85 mm
Exposure program Normal Program
White balance Auto white balance
Metering mode Spot
F-number f/5
Exposure time 1/60 s
ISO speed ratings ISO 900
Flash Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, return light detected
Focal length 85 mm
Focal length in 35mm film 85 mm
Quality FINE
Image Type JPEG
Image Dimensions 1024x681
Size (KB) 195 KB
Date/time 7/10/2008 6:35:58 PM
Artist Gary Mayo
Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved

The photo certainly emphasizes her height. I find the background a little distracting, especially the yellow trellis near her head.

G

Gary Mayo

The one thing to remember about this photograph is the lighting for a people shot is about as retched as it could get.

Overhead fluorescent lighting, neon lights in the windows (red & blue) and pink walls reflecting this all back at the model.

This picture was not PP in any way for white balance. The D3 is a remarkable camera!

The one thing to remember about this photograph is the lighting for a people shot is about as retched as it could get.

Overhead fluorescent lighting, neon lights in the windows (red & blue) and pink walls reflecting this all back at the model.

This picture was not PP in any way for white balance. The D3 is a remarkable camera!

QUITE! amazing considering that is was set to Auto WB:eek:

I have also found the D3 remarkable for WB... I almost never adjust it from auto, while I was constantly changing it on the D200.

I second Ewout...why not use it at f/2.8? That's why you got the 85mm, I presume :)

Either way, Auto WB did its thing very well, but I just don't think its a flattering portrait.

Nice demo of the WB feature of the D3. I too have found it to be the best around. I do see some color casting on her face, lower legs and part of her left arm. Noticed you used spot metering. Where in the seen did you take the reading please?

Regards,

Latest threads

Top Bottom