52 Influential Photographs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barriosa, Aug 6, 2007.

1. There some really amazing shots in that link. I was wondering why the "graphic" warning. And then I clicked...:667:

2. Yep the shocking ones were down a bit on the page.

Just so everyone knows there are a few violent photos on that site, some war related others showing some of the dark periods of history.

I'm pretty sure most people have already seen a good number of those images.

3. Fred, thanks for posting this link. Interesting to view these photos as a timeline of photographic history.

4. It is different. I wonder how he came up with all those.

5. Logan

Logan Guest

wow, thats all i can really say... wow

6. Cool site, thanks for the link.

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Now that's what I would call noise. (nr1)

8. oddstray

oddstray

Jul 29, 2007
    San Diego
    This is an amazing set of photos!

Is there some sort of polling capability at this site? I'd be curious to see if there's any consensus as to "52 influential photographs".

OFF TOPIC: Interesting that he calls out the "concocted" Loch Ness image, but doesn't make any mention the "posed" Iwo Jima image.

Postscript: Now that I've looked at all the photos (most especially the Biafran children) my above observation sounds embarassingly trivial.

9. Until I found that list I had forgotten how powerful images could be.