52 weeks of 2015

Just to find out about your pov: do you think, one theme (portraits...) could be boring throughout the year?

"Portraits" is a very broad category. It covers executive portraits, formal portraits, casual portraits, candid portraits, family portraits, etc. I think you could easily spend a year posting people pictures without boring yourself or your viewers.

The Half Way point is approaching and once again I realize what a project this type of shooting is. We all want to have a master piece each week and life and work get in the way. Being retired it's life that gets in the way, but every now and then I just don't feel the drive to image (especially with all of those images waiting to see the light of day on my computer). I want to thank those who are participating and those others who drop by to see what we are doing. I am sure we all hope and pray that Uncle Frank and Chris get to rejoin the effort. It's been a great effort this year by all and I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep Clicking:)

Real Name
Morten
The Half Way point is approaching and once again I realize what a project this type of shooting is. We all want to have a master piece each week and life and work get in the way. Being retired it's life that gets in the way, but every now and then I just don't feel the drive to image (especially with all of those images waiting to see the light of day on my computer). I want to thank those who are participating and those others who drop by to see what we are doing. I am sure we all hope and pray that Uncle Frank and Chris get to rejoin the effort. It's been a great effort this year by all and I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep Clicking:)

+1
Well said Jeff

I can only second that. I was about to stop posting because staying on one single theme seems to be too boring during all these weeks...

Yes, this is not a forced marched, image what sets your heart free and share it. Shooting every week is a hard thing, but it has sharpened my skills and keeps me in the game. One of my favorite things is to view photography, one of my least favorite things is to focus on equipment. Doing this yearly project for two years convinced me to sell a pro lens and buy a consumer, and it even moved me into m43 cameras. I spend less time here than I once did, but I still think this is one of the best communities on the net. The yearly projects really broke my NAS and let me concentrate on improving my images. So please keep involved until the end, for me the reward was taking a journey, learning along the way, and getting to know people through their photography.

I have enjoyed your portraits .. Don't stop. I know that this has been both a chore and a way to retain my sanity and as I approach the halfway point, I know I will work just as hard to finish. I decided that not every week will be a winner in terms of setting up the shot but 3 out of 4 weeks, I will try to make it work and create the shot.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi folks,

someone got information about Frank?

I'm a little concerned about him and miss his postings.

Regards
Klaus

someone got information about Frank?
I'm a little concerned about him and miss his postings.
Regards Klaus

Klaus, he is still fighting and we all hope that it'll come to a good end. So, he will be back soon to comment on the contributions here.

Two months away, and fewer folks. I am going to make it to the end, and next year perhaps a monthly. I hope we see some of those who left come back, but they are not forgotten. Not many weeks to go, Onward rode the light bridge.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Just to find out about your pov: do you think, one theme (portraits...) could be boring throughout the year?
Hi Aaron,
I did that last year with the crosses. And believe me, at last the most interesting part was to talk to the owners.

Portraits...
I think I'll run out of models after one or max. two weeks...

By the way, perhaps you'll send yours to me...

Please?

Regards
Klaus

Portraits...
I think I'll run out of models after one or max. two weeks...
By the way, perhaps you'll send yours to me... Please? Regards Klaus

Klaus, I'm afraid they are pampered so much by me that you have to move :D to see them

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Whats happening, a slump...:), this year is nearly up.
Hi Fons,

I had to realize that it's getting difficult to show interesting parts of Tettnang.
So I'll shoot Ravensburg now, the city where I'm working.
I'll finish this year - promised, even we got a lot of overtime in the office...

Regards
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
My friends,

some interesting information:

We have week 53 this year. One week more of exciting photography...

Let's meet on January 4th for the 52-weeks challenge in 2016.

Regards
Klaus

As we start our count down to the last week, I want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday season - May each of you and your families have a safe and joyous celebration.

Latest threads

Top Bottom