Critique 52 weeks of 2016--Judith week 52!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well Judith,
you've started a big challenge. 52 weeks is a loooong time.

I'm looking forward to your pictures
Klaus

Welcome Judith. I always expect something from Jurassic Park to pop out of vegetation when they look like these. Nice framing on this image.

In 2016 I am dedicated to learning more about post processing with the aim of better conveying to the viewer what I saw and felt at the time the photo was taken. I will learn and grow both from the exercise and from your comments.

49 Palms by urbanflyer, on Flickr
Glad you decided to play a long this year.
Very nice start - I'm looking forward to see what else you come up with

Hello Judith. Very nice shot. I love all the different shades of green and the lines created by the fronds.

In 2016 I am dedicated to learning more about post processing with the aim of better conveying to the viewer what I saw and felt at the time the photo was taken. I will learn and grow both from the exercise and from your comments.

Welcome Judith! 52 weeks appears to be long but you learn a lot with all the nice people here. Have fun
The palms is a great start to the challenge.

Judith, since you put up the "critique" button... :) I like this. Loving the lines created by edges, shadows and highlights. Those bright threadlike fibers tossing themselves around add a great accent too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very pretty! Is that a Joshua tree? Love the green "saw" grass in front of the gnarly tree. Nice composition and texture variation.
No--not a Joshua Tree--here are Joshua Trees--they bloom (if conditions are right, then branch at that bloom--so pretty amazing shapes (taken from a moving car)
Joshua Trees in JT National Park by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom