52 weeks of 2016

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I'm curious who will acompany me next year?

Uncle Frank, our wonderful mentor left us, but I'm sure he'll guide us in a special way.

Regards
Klaus

Until now we'll be twelve photographers next year:

BLX - Morten - Denmark
LisaW - Lisa - Denmark
OHCorgis - Birgit - USA - Ohio
urbanflyer - Judith - USA - Washington
kilofoxtrott - Klaus - Germany

Not participating anymore...
Kattekrab - Frank - Belgium
Jeff Lee - Jeff - USA - Oregon
JusPlainCrazee - Lyndee - USA - Missouri
Tinstafl - John - USA - Virginia
Prairie_Pal - Ivan - Canada
Fons - Fons Baerken - Netherlands
Terri French - Terri - USA - Idaho

As Rob Z outlined in his forum post,
  • Use the thread tool button to update your thread's subject line to reflect the date of your last submission.
  • The real challenge is to last all 52 weeks and cross the finish line. It's a marathon, but along the way, you'll encounter some inspirational images and make some good friends.
I hope we can all meet at the finish line in December.

Klaus

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll probably be joining for 2016.
I like the concept and I'm sure it will give me extra motivation to keep shooting! :)
Well Frank,
it would be wonderful to see your pictures here.

I know, 52 weeks is a long time. I did it twice now - and 2014 was easy, because I had enough motives. This year is diffcult at the end - I thought my hometown has more motives...

Regards
Klaus

Good to hear Klaus and Frank
I think me and Lisa will take our 4th 52 week challenge
I know it motivates me to get some shooting done and I get to spend a lot of time with Lisa :)

Klaus - I keep saying "not again" but I'm in too. Lots of trips scheduled for next year. I hope next year is a "better" year for this specific project - it's hard to lose folks whom you've shared so much with. We had so much rain here that not only is it not great for shooting but my favorite areas are quite dangerous right now due to mud slides and major flooding. It not an easy task to keep going, and like you Klaus, this will be my third year so at least we know what to expect:)

Morten - been a pleasure to watch your mentoring of Lisa into a fine photographer.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Good to hear Klaus and Frank
I think me and Lisa will take our 4th 52 week challenge
I know it motivates me to get some shooting done and I get to spend a lot of time with Lisa :)
Well Morten, I would appreciate it a lot to have you both on board...

Klaus - I keep saying "not again" but I'm in too. Lots of trips scheduled for next year. I hope next year is a "better" year for this specific project - it's hard to lose folks whom you've shared so much with. We had so much rain here that not only is it not great for shooting but my favorite areas are quite dangerous right now due to mud slides and major flooding. It not an easy task to keep going, and like you Klaus, this will be my third year so at least we know what to expect:)

Morten - been a pleasure to watch your mentoring of Lisa into a fine photographer.
Jeff, my first thought was to do a 12 month challenge.
But working 8 to 12 hours a day in front of a computer made my decicion. Get up, leave the house, keep walking and shooting, relax, go 'hunting' for all kind of motives...

I hope I can step into Uncle Franks big footsteps he has left...
And all in all, pardon my English - sometimes I like to comment something and I know I would do it in a much more subtle way in German...

Regards
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Oh, I forgot to ask...

The week starting on December 28th, is that week 53 or already week 1 of 2016?

Regards
Klaus

Well Morten, I would appreciate it a lot to have you both on board...
Regards
Klaus
I just talked to Lisa about it yesterday and she is in on another year despite her busy schedule with friends, homework, karate, kickboxing, bass and song lessons.
So we are definitely in for 2016.

I hope I can step into Uncle Franks big footsteps he has left...
And all in all, pardon my English - sometimes I like to comment something and I know I would do it in a much more subtle way in German...
Damn I missed Rob last year and now Frank :cry: life is unfair sometimes but thanks for taking initiative to start the 2016 challenge!
I hope many will join

BTW your English is excellent - but I know the feeling of missing the right word or sentence :)

Oh, I forgot to ask...
The week starting on December 28th, is that week 53 or already week 1 of 2016?
Regards
Klaus
My calendar shows
28th - 3rd = week 53
4th - 10th = week 1

Glad you're in as well (y) :)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I just talked to Lisa about it yesterday and she is in on another year despite her busy schedule with friends, homework, karate, kickboxing, bass and song lessons.
So we are definitely in for 2016.

Damn I missed Rob last year and now Frank :cry: life is unfair sometimes but thanks for taking initiative to start the 2016 challenge!
I hope many will join

BTW your English is excellent - but I know the feeling of missing the right word or sentence :)

My calendar shows
28th - 3rd = week 53
4th - 10th = week 1
Hi Morten,

just cross-checked some calendars - we have a week 53 this year.
Week 1 in 2016 starts on 4th of January.

Regards
Klaus

I decided that my 2016 will be a "one lens per month project" - I have 6 lens for each system (Nikon/M43). I intend to carry a camera with me with that lens on it for the month (well the 300mm will be four trips to birding places as my tripod/camera/lens in in the 12 pound range) and use it in the manner for which I bought it. I hope everyone who did a 2015 can join us for 2016 the more people the more I learn. I can say nothing I've done in the past three years has made me a better photographer than participating in the year long projects as with a stated focus (pun intended) my artistic vision is sharper than ever. 2015 was a year for equipment, in 2016 I will not buy a new lens or camera unless one is broken or stolen. I just renovated my 2001 Grand Cherokee with new stuff include 10 Ply off road tires and added a Subaru CrossTrek as a "backup" so my 12 adventures in 2016 should take me to some very remote places. Looking forward to seeing more great images in this thread.

Great! My daughter is only one year old, but your parenting is an example for me. :)
Thanks Frank
Lisa started shooting when she was 4 with P&S and was already using dslr from 5 :)
So put a camera in her hand as soon as she shows interest - and you should have many fun hours with her :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking forward to shoot with you in 2016 :)

I decided that my 2016 will be a "one lens per month project" - I have 6 lens for each system (Nikon/M43). I intend to carry a camera with me with that lens on it for the month (well the 300mm will be four trips to birding places as my tripod/camera/lens in in the 12 pound range) and use it in the manner for which I bought it. I hope everyone who did a 2015 can join us for 2016 the more people the more I learn. I can say nothing I've done in the past three years has made me a better photographer than participating in the year long projects as with a stated focus (pun intended) my artistic vision is sharper than ever. 2015 was a year for equipment, in 2016 I will not buy a new lens or camera unless one is broken or stolen. I just renovated my 2001 Grand Cherokee with new stuff include 10 Ply off road tires and added a Subaru CrossTrek as a "backup" so my 12 adventures in 2016 should take me to some very remote places. Looking forward to seeing more great images in this thread.
Sounds interesting Jeff - looking forward to see what you come up with

Klaus, thanks for taking over! No one can fill Uncle Frank's shoes, but I'm sure you will do just fine. I will join up again, although have no big plans for trips or event events coming up soon, but there is always something to shoot in my yard :D

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I will take part again. I really enjoyed this past year.
Hi John,
thank you very much for taking part next year.
I loved your pictures a lot in the past year.

Happy new year
Klaus

Last edited:
Klaus, thanks for taking over! No one can fill Uncle Frank's shoes, but I'm sure you will do just fine. I will join up again, although have no big plans for trips or event events coming up soon, but there is always something to shoot in my yard :D
I will take part again. I really enjoyed this past year.
GREAT - looking forward to your company next year :D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom