Critique 52 Weeks of 2019--Urbanflyer Week 33

week 26--Ferns--experimental-- couldn't decide about going totally b & w or leaving the color--Husband voted for color--would love feedback
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
week 26--Ferns--experimental-- couldn't decide about going totally b & w or leaving the color--Husband voted for color--would love feedbackView attachment 1641257
Hi Judith,
at a first look, the background seems to be burned out. So I would prefer the b/w version more.
And I would crop it at the bottom and on the right and top to get only the fern. It should look better showing only the pattern of the fern.

And, as Uncle Frank always told me, please, update your title...

Kind regards
Klaus

Hi Judith,
at a first look, the background seems to be burned out. So I would prefer the b/w version more.
And I would crop it at the bottom and on the right and top to get only the fern. It should look better showing only the pattern of the fern.

And, as Uncle Frank always told me, please, update your title...

Kind regards
Klaus
This was my preferred version--Thanks for your comments
ferns--b & w by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Catching up a bit.

Love the grid pattern, and the red onion. As for the fern I also prefer the B&W.

Hi Judith. I don't know what the subject is in Week 30 but it evokes the feel of movement and kind of harshness . I just wonder if it looks good in B&W too.

Hi Judith. I don't know what the subject is in Week 30 but it evokes the feel of movement and kind of harshness . I just wonder if it looks good in B&W too.
Thanks for commenting. I wondered how folks would react to this one. It is the razor wire on the top of a fence of a business nearby. I think it has many nuances of meaning depending on one's experiences.

Week 32--Mountain Meadow---Hiking, not much else this week so week 32 is not in my usual vein--but it offered a chance to use a few PP approaches I have been wanting to try. Wildflowers in the Cascades are wonderful this year.

mountain meadow-0102 by urbanflyer, on Flickr

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi Judith,
with week 31 and 32 you're surprising me again.
You have such a wide variety in your pictures. And all are perfectly executed.

Kind regards
Klaus

Week 33--The Way Home
For many years, prior to retirement, I had a 1.5 hour walk home--cleared my head and kept my body working. Now when I need to go downtown I often take the same walk home. This is one of my favorite shady byways.

the way home- by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom