1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

55-200VR does a basic portrait nicely.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by tech1961, Aug 4, 2007.

1. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    I was just fooling around with my D40 and 55-200vr lens and took this one of my wife and was rather pleased with the results considering what I used. The flash was just the pop up on board flash on the D40. Thanks for looking.

1013009170_149a444c4d_b.

2. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Jimmy, very nice! How come you didn't get shadow with on-board flash?

3. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Thanks Brian. She was sitting a pretty good distance from the wall.

4. VERY nice! I have been quite pleased and surprised at the quality of the "kit" lens (18-55mm II) and the new 55-200mm VR that I use with my D40. Nikon has produced a dandy pair of lightweight lenses that more than do a commendable job.

The little SB 400 is a nice addition to the kit, too -- it does help to have the flash raised higher than the on-board flash. You did a great job here, though, by having her positioned far enough from the wall that there were no shadows. Excellent!

5. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    You got quiet nice color on her eyes. Well done.

How'd you manage to get the edges of her clothes soft? It looks like you had a shallow depth of field, but I didn't think that lens could get that shallow. Sweet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.